Finally I have done it.... JNCIE-M

hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
Feel like a networking Jedi now... Got my JNCIE today... feels like an awesome addition to my CCIE.... :)

Feel free to ask questions... Will answer to the best of my ability without breaking the NDA...
IS-IS Sleeps.
BGP peers are quiet.
Something must be wrong.

Comments

• densmadensma Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    well done!
    sure will have question later :)
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    congratulations. Outstanding achievement on a rainy day too wasn't it.
    hoogen82 hoogen82 hoogen82 Yea :):)
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    Yeah... It was raining and cold in the morning... I wouldn't mind though... Just that my first attempt also was a rainy day... and I didn't want to fail today...

This is the mail you get :

Congratulations, you passed your JNCIE-M exam on 04/27/10.

You will receive a JNCIE welcome package in the mail in 4-6 weeks.

By the way, please log onto www.juniper.net/certmanager and verify that all your contact information is current.

This is important for our records.

Thanks for your participation in the JNTCP.

Regards,

David Williams

Cheers,
    Hoogen
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • EzliteEzlite Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats ... this is a major acomplishment
    TB

JNCIP-M: Late June 2010
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    well done!!!

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Way to go man!!!! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

You're gonna be on this high for the next month or so :D
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • zrchengzrcheng Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nice, congrats!
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Outstanding work!!!!
    Lab first, ask questions later
    A huge thanks to everyone for their support in this forum... And huge cheers for our forum Moderator Aldur... I owe you man... You still on with the June plan to visit Sunnyvale??
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • yrenyren Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    Looks like you finished it in less then 7 hours this time :)
    Hope i will pass at my second attempt
    hoogen82 wrote: »
    A huge thanks to everyone for their support in this forum... And huge cheers for our forum Moderator Aldur... I owe you man... You still on with the June plan to visit Sunnyvale??

Heh, glad I could help, but don't give me to much credit, I'm positive that you would have passed it no matter what :)

Come to find out the SV trip is actually in July, for some reason I was thinking June the last time we talked. The days/months as of lately have all been a blur. But I'm sure you'll be up for celebrating then.

*continues to listen to "We are the Champions" in the background* (seriously it just started playing from a huge randomized playlist :D )

-Bender
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Feel like a networking Jedi now... Got my JNCIE today... feels like an awesome addition to my CCIE.... :)

Great job! Have they given you your number yet?

If you don't mind me asking what exactly do you do? I am assuming you are a pretty high level Network Engineer but is your job more R/S focused or Security focused (or a mixture of these of any other network concentration areas)?
    @Yuking... I am sure you would get it the next time...

@Aldur...You bet... But it looks like I am going after JNCIS-SEC and off to JNCIE-SEC when it releases...I have to catch up with you and Zoidberg..

@knwminus.. No number yet... It usually takes about 15-20 days...

Well I work for the Core Security Team in Juniper... focussed on SRX (Enterprise and SP) but concentrating on SP... Routing and switching forms the base... But my area of expertise would be Service Provider Security... I help my customers usually service providers with beta testing SRX...

My manager is pretty cool about my work... so I do have a lot of freedom to play around... Aldur can attest to being very jealous with the amount of equipment I own in the lab :) ...

My best advice for the certifications... It was all about having fun.. and enjoying what I do everyday... Do not stress about the fact that it may be hard... Just go ahead and have fun... and if you work on it everyday... You should be a JNCIE within a year...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
    That's pretty cool. So which test do you think was harder out of the CCIE and JNCIE?
    To think about it.. CCIE was harder for me since that was my first lab experience... and I had very little years of experience before I did that...

JNCIE I wasn't that worried... But if you really have to pick which test I liked more it has to be the Juniper exams.. Simply because the test makes more sense... It talks about and asks you to work on real world challenges... CCIE on the other hand..was just a lot of questions that you wouldn't encounter in the real world... This was about 5 years ago.. So not sure about it now...

I would say... there is always possibility of guys switching from Cisco to Juniper... But its going to be very hard switching from Juniper to Cisco... So get your CCIE first before diving into JNCIE... You will enjoy it better this way...

P.S: Only reason I suggest Cisco first is because once you are hooked to Juniper you can never get back to Cisco... Personal experience...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
    Really interesting answer...

BTW I wasn't try to start a flame war or anything I was just curious about what you think about the matter given your unique perspective. Good job again! I am sure you will post a JNCIS:SEC soon.
    I completely understand... Peace :) Thank you again for your wishes...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□

Feel free to ask questions... Will answer to the best of my ability without breaking the NDA...

Excellent. I will be doing the same post CCIE.
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    P.S: Only reason I suggest Cisco first is because once you are hooked to Juniper you can never get back to Cisco... Personal experience...

I'm starting to get this way at the moment...... playing around with alot of EX, MX and SRX devices in our network...... love the JUNOS cli.....

Trying my hardest to keep on the CCIE path and focus on JNCIP stuff later..... ;p

Plus the Juniper SE's and Account Managers I have met are awesome guys\girls to have a drink with!

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
    Good luck Turgon... Looks like you have put in some serious lab hours for your studying....

@Adrian: I am sure you would do fine... Just keep a plan on what you want to do.. Getting distracted with all the things around you is quite possible... But just maintain and plan and go for it...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • hasan1507hasan1507 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Hoogen.

I have a question. What was the fee u submitted ?

What was the LAB JUNOS version ?

What was the JUNOS routers model ?

Thanks
    Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Rauf
  • tim100tim100 Member Posts: 162
    Feel like a networking Jedi now... Got my JNCIE today... feels like an awesome addition to my CCIE....

Congratulations!
    I would say... there is always possibility of guys switching from Cisco to Juniper... But its going to be very hard switching from Juniper to Cisco... So get your CCIE first before diving into JNCIE... You will enjoy it better this way...

P.S: Only reason I suggest Cisco first is because once you are hooked to Juniper you can never get back to Cisco

I was always curious about getting into Juniper. Now you've got me thinking! :)
    @Rauf
    I have a question. What was the fee u submitted ?
    it's 1400$

What was the LAB JUNOS version ?
    8.1R4.3

What was the JUNOS routers model ?
    I didn't check them all... But I am assuming M7 and M5..

@Tim: Thank You.. And if you are going to be getting the M track.. It's going to be a different track that you would be becoming an expert on... Now that's not bad considering that you have R&S.. and now you would have SP.
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
    Hi

Do you think for JNCIE the study guide is enough?
    What other books we need to consult?
    What are the main concepts which we need to master on to take this test?
    Did you take any bootcamp?
    During the exam did you stuck anywhere?
    What are tips to do it smoothly?
    For L2 VPN what if you have not done much practice ?

Would you mind sharing if you made any practice scenerios at your own?
    Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Rauf
    Do you think for JNCIE the study guide is enough?
    No..

What other books we need to consult?
    I did read some AVPN books and some VPN software configuration guides...

What are the main concepts which we need to master on to take this test?
    Strong IGP/BGP is definitely important..

Did you take any bootcamp?
    No..

A lot of places.. But that would be NDA...

What are tips to do it smoothly?
    I am not sure how to answer this question... If you have good troubleshooting skills, you should do okay...

Well you need to practice.. You can't skip..

Would you mind sharing if you made any practice scenerios at your own?
    I had posted it before please check archives...

Cheers,
    Hoogen
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
    hasan1507 wrote: »

These questions are border line NDA icon_eek.gif. Please refrain from asking questions like this.

-Bender
    I appologise. I will try not to ask such questions.
    Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Rauf
    no worries man, I know you're just preparing for the test and all. Your other questions were really good ones :)

-Bender
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    WAY TO GO! That's great news hoogen82! Will definitely order you a few rounds of beer next time I'm in Sunnyvale. I wanted to do the same July trip Aldur is going on, but that's not working out. I'm thinking of hitting the bay area anyways this summer, either to try the CCIE or to just relax on the beach.

So, you're in the Core Security Team focusing on SP and SRX. Hmmmm. I think I may have some questions for you ;) We'll need to catch up.