eCPPT Tomorrow

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
I order it and will be starting tomorrow. Ethical Hacker Network posted a review and the reviewer said it was what the CEH should have been. I'll post my impressions as I go through the material.
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Good luck and I look forward to reading your feedback.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well, I got through the first module. They don't dictate what you should do first, so I started with Network Security. Took about an hour and 45 mins to complete the first module. Thus far, it is almost exactly like studying for the CEH. They covered the normal tools used for Information Gathering (except for Maltego which seems pretty awesome!). Like the CEH, they do a brief overview of the tool so expect to put sometime into the tools on your own. I did feel that there was a bit more depth to it then you will find in the CEH. Thus far I have enjoyed it and my plan is to have all the material done in about a month.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
    Today I completed the scanning and targeting section of the course. They covered the tools much more extensively then did the material for the CEH. Still though, I'd recommend getting other material to truly understand the tools. They had a pretty good video on NMAP and again I have to say having completed the CEH this really drives home the material. Thus far I can see the progression being CEH->eCPPT->OSCP. Tomorrow is the enumeration and footprinting section!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • inc0mpleteinc0mplete Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That sounds great man! Do you have any more updates? I'm really planning on taking this course soon!
    Security+ -> Studying.
    CCNA-> Studying - GNS3 and building up equipment slowly for CCNP.:lol:
    MCSE 70-290 -> On Hold.

Exploit Bank: 0
    InProgress: 1
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Maltego is pretty sweet. I wish I had a commercial license at work :/
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    So how is this one going?
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    So how is this one going?

Yeah, did you pass?
    Meant to reply back to this, but seems I lost it in the shuffle. Life got in the way and I didn't end up completing the course. They've made some changes to the content (not entirely happy with the new stuff), but they've also added a feature so you can pay $200 (use to be $100) to test when you are ready. It appears they changed some things and there doesn't appear to be a time limit on when you can take the exam. If your interested, I would contact them to get the correct information on the time frame they expect. One thing I will say, they are very responsive to questions. I might circle back and complete it, we'll see what happens on the job front first. If I do start it over, I will definitely update this thread with how I like the newer content.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff