Options

Passed......barely

rob7278rob7278 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
This is definitely an exam where reading one study guide is not going to be enough to pass (unless you have a fair amount of networking experience); at least for me.

Thank you to everyone on this forum for the generous contributions of extra exam prep material; I would never have passed without all the help.

I am now proud to join the ranks of MCSA's and soon to be MCSE's.

On to the 70-294

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good work! I totally agree with you.

Might I make a suggestion, though? Go for the 293 and not the 294 as the objectives of the 291 and 293 have a lot of over lap. This way you don't have to restudy a lot of material.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    lol- I am actually already almost half done with the 70-293 book, but I really just do not want to think about networking after the 291. However you are right it would make far more sense to jump right into the 293 (especially since I have already started it). I'm getting a sense that networking is not my favorite aspect of the IT world.
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    congrats on the pass, I joined the club today also.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    Congrats Miller
    Are you doing 293 next?

I actually have the 293, 294, 298, 299 already bought (Amazon was the cheapest) for the MCSE: with Security
    and the 70-648/649 upgrade MCTS book
    and the Linux+ 2009 book
    plus all the tests are already pre-paid for; thank you dislocated worker program! All my books and tests were paid for by them; so at least there are some benefits to getting laid off (70-270, 290, 291, 293, 294, 298, 299, 648/649, Security+ and Linux+ all paid for; if anyone gets laid off because of the economy make sure to check with your local dislocated worker office- my ex-company actually went out of business, so i've tried to make the most of a crappy situation by upgrading my skills)