Anybody using "night-service"?

brocbroc Member Posts: 167
Has anybody got experience with night-service?

I've set it up before without a problem but I have an issue with a new install and I'm wondering if it's a bug...

I create a ghost ephone-dn to forward the call to a voice hunt-group and set up night service under it. Normally, call-forward night-service should take precedence on call-forward all... but it doesn't work. Anybody experienced this issue before?

my config:
night-service weekday 17:00 08:55
night-service weekend 00:00 23:59

ephone-dn xx
 number xxxx
 call-forward all xxxx
 call-forward night-service xxxxxxxxxx
 night-service bell

I'm on the latest version of CME (8.0.2), anybody experienced the same issue? Please let me before I contact Cisco with a possible bug!
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

Comments

• brocbroc Member Posts: 167
    I guess not a lot of people have used this feature :)

Well, I had to reboot the router and the phones as I was finishing the cabling and installing the router in the rack. Guess what, everything works as it should now with no change to the config...
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    broc wrote: »
    I guess not a lot of people have used this feature :)

Well, I had to reboot the router and the phones as I was finishing the cabling and installing the router in the rack. Guess what, everything works as it should now with no change to the config...

Nope cant say I've used it as yet. But aint that the way...

when in doubt, give it a clout...

or reboot it nicely lol
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
    Nope cant say I've used it as yet. But aint that the way...

You should have a look, it's quite cool. I set it up for a client who pay for a call-center to receive all his calls after hours. You can specify specific dates or time of day to turn it on and then the calls are forwarded to the number you want.
    in doubt, give a clout...

or reboot it nicely lol

well... I keep telling my engineers to try to intelligently solve the problem before just "rebooting" but I guess sometimes, that's just the way it works :)

I'm used to that with Microsoft, no so much with Cisco...
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That is a really neat feature, I'm going to try that in my lab sometime. Does this work in CME?
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
    Yep, it works in CME (from release 3.0 onwards).
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    well... I keep telling my engineers to try to intelligently solve the problem before just "rebooting" but I guess sometimes, that's just the way it works :)

Gotta agree, I'm always frustrated if I can't find a fix and reboot solves it.
    I'm used to that with Microsoft, no so much with Cisco...

I think with Cisco's move towards appliance based devices we will start to see it more often than we used too.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
    Just to update you guys, there is actually a bug. I checked again tonight to make sure everything was working fine... and it doesn't.

Again, no change to the config, not even a reboot this time since the last time it was working a few hours ago.

I'm reporting the problem to Cisco but it's frustrating as that was one of the features the client was interested in and one the reason he decided to move over to VoIP and CME...
    I think with Cisco's move towards appliance based devices we will start to see it more often than we used too.

I sincerely hope not... Cisco has always been good at making devices who works but crap at developing software and GUI. Let's hope they don't go down this way!

I can see your point though, just hoping you're wrong on this one ;)
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I typically use an EEM script to change the config to forward all incoming voice-ports to “X” at night (Monday-Friday), and back to the norm in the morning.

Example:

event manager applet NDIVERT-ON
    event timer cron name NDIVERT-ON cron-entry "1 17 * * 1-5"
    action 1.0 cli command "enable"
    action 1.1 cli command "config t"
    action 1.2 cli command "voice-port 0/0/0"
    action 1.3 cli command "connection plar opx 1099"
    action 1.4 cli command "voice-port 0/0/1"
    action 1.5 cli command "connection plar opx 1099"
    action 1.6 cli command "voice-port 0/0/2"
    action 1.7 cli command "connection plar opx 1099"
    action 1.8 cli command "voice-port 0/0/3"
    action 1.9 cli command "connection plar opx 1099"
    action 2.0 cli command "voice-port 0/1/0"
    action 2.1 cli command "connection plar opx 1099"
    action 2.2 cli command "voice-port 0/1/1"
    action 2.3 cli command "connection plar opx 1099"
    action 2.4 cli command "voice-port 0/1/2"
    action 2.5 cli command "connection plar opx 1099"
    action 2.6 cli command "voice-port 0/1/3"
    action 2.7 cli command "connection plar opx 1099"
    action 2.8 cli command "telephony-service"
    action 2.9 cli command "system message NIGHT DIVERT ON"
    action 3.0 cli command "exit"
    action 3.1 cli command "exit"
    event manager applet NDIVERT-OFF
    event timer cron name NDIVERT-OFF cron-entry "59 8 * * 1-5"
    action 1.0 cli command "enable"
    action 1.1 cli command "config t"
    action 1.2 cli command "voice-port 0/0/0"
    action 1.3 cli command "connection plar 1101"
    action 1.4 cli command "voice-port 0/0/1"
    action 1.5 cli command "connection plar 1102"
    action 1.6 cli command "voice-port 0/0/2"
    action 1.7 cli command "connection plar 1103"
    action 1.8 cli command "voice-port 0/0/3"
    action 1.9 cli command "connection plar 1104"
    action 2.0 cli command "voice-port 0/1/0"
    action 2.1 cli command "connection plar 1105"
    action 2.2 cli command "voice-port 0/1/1"
    action 2.3 cli command "connection plar 1106"
    action 2.4 cli command "voice-port 0/1/2"
    action 2.5 cli command "connection plar 1107"
    action 2.6 cli command "voice-port 0/1/3"
    action 2.7 cli command "connection plar 1108"
    action 2.8 cli command "telephony-service"
    action 2.9 cli command "system message CME"
    action 3.0 cli command "exit"
    action 3.1 cli command "exit"
    !
    end
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
    Thanks Pitviper, that's a great idea! I'm going to use that while I wait for Cisco's reply.
    What the heck does that script do?
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    chmorin wrote: »
    What the heck does that script do?

The scripts essentially make config changes at intervals defined by the cron parameters.

NDIVERT-ON forwards all FXO trunks (incomming calls from the PSTN) to an off-site afterhours AA pilot number (1099) Monday through Friday @ 5:01PM – The phone displays are also changed to display “NIGHT DIVERT ON”

NDIVERT-OFF changes the config back to normal every Monday through Friday at 8:59AM
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
    pitviper wrote: »
    The scripts essentially make config changes at intervals defined by the cron parameters.

NDIVERT-ON forwards all FXO trunks (incomming calls from the PSTN) to an off-site afterhours AA pilot number (1099) Monday through Friday @ 5:01PM – The phone displays are also changed to display “NIGHT DIVERT ON”

NDIVERT-OFF changes the config back to normal every Monday through Friday at 8:59AM

Amazing information, thanks!
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote:
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Pitviper,

This is brilliant!!! I used this today to route calls from my voice router to different CUC call handlers:

Will test it tonight :)

Thanks again for your help!!!
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...