Passed 220-702

rphannrphann Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm finally A+ certified. Passed with 867. I did better then expected. Now moving on to take on the "beast" to becoming MCSA. :)

Comments

• poriggityporiggity Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats bro! :)
    Scott
    A+, 70-270, and working on 70-290 now. Certs are good.
    claymoore wrote:
    If you're unzipping your fly to show off your A+, N+ and Sec+, I'm going to ask if it's cold in here.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Nick07Nick07 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    rphann wrote: »
    I'm finally A+ certified. Passed with 867. I did better then expected. Now moving on to take on the "beast" to becoming MCSA. :)

Thats a nice score too, well done.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I see that you already have the 270 and 290 out of the way. In my opinion it would be best for you to either get your Net+ or Sec+ before taking the 291. If you get Net+ you can pair that with the A+ to knock out the elective. If you get Sec+ then that knocks it out all by itself. It is a little more pricey than the MCP exams, but it also adds another cert to your name. Plus you should snatch them up now before they start expiring on you. (Starting in 2011 A+, Net+, and Sec+ will expire every 3 years. Getting them this year ensures that you keep them for life)
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • etbjr182etbjr182 Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    Currently studying for 70-640 :study:
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    rphann wrote: »
    Congrats on the new cert!
    Good luck with "the beast"icon_twisted.gif
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • skwira001skwira001 Member Posts: 94 ■■■□□□□□□□
    humble2007 wrote: »
    I see that you already have the 270 and 290 out of the way. In my opinion it would be best for you to either get your Net+ or Sec+ before taking the 291. If you get Net+ you can pair that with the A+ to knock out the elective. If you get Sec+ then that knocks it out all by itself. It is a little more pricey than the MCP exams, but it also adds another cert to your name. Plus you should snatch them up now before they start expiring on you. (Starting in 2011 A+, Net+, and Sec+ will expire every 3 years. Getting them this year ensures that you keep them for life)

I absolutely agree with getting your Network+ first before going into MCSA. Security+ is another very good one. CISSP is the more recognized than Security, but you need work experience to obtain that. Security+ is a good one to go for is security is not your field.
  • REID8968REID8968 Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□
    humble2007 wrote: »

First Congrats on the pass! Second, above is great advice! I second this opinion. Good luck with future certs too.
  • Nick07Nick07 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good job:D
    CCNA:640-802
  • rphannrphann Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for the great advices. I however, am shifting gear to take on the MCTS (70-642) exam because of the 2nd shot deal. I will definitely attempt to obtain Net+ and Sec+ by the end of the year to ensure the life of the certifications. As for the 70-291 exam, I'm still debating on taking it because I want to focus on Server 2008.