Options

I'm now an MCSA !! :)

Punt1971Punt1971 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I finished off my MCSA: Messaging yesterday!

Very happy with myself even though it's taken a lot longer than I originally planned, new baby etc. will do that :)

Was dreading 70-284 as a lot of people said it was very hard, I found it the easiest of all the exams so far.

I think my next step will be MCITP:EA. At work we're going to be upgrading all out kit to 2008 so I'll get some real world hands on experiance.

I'm looking at 70-648 next which as I understand it, is a combination of 70-640 & 70-642. Should I study it as the two exams or are there any good resources for the combination, if you get wat I mean??

Also, how do I go about getting the certificate. I ordered one when I got my first MCP but cannot for the life of me remember where I went to get it.

Comments

• Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Punt1971 wrote: »
    I finished off my MCSA: Messaging yesterday!

Very happy with myself even though it's taken a lot longer than I originally planned, new baby etc. will do that :)

Was dreading 70-284 as a lot of people said it was very hard, I found it the easiest of all the exams so far.

I think my next step will be MCITP:EA. At work we're going to be upgrading all out kit to 2008 so I'll get some real world hands on experiance.

I'm looking at 70-648 next which as I understand it, is a combination of 70-640 & 70-642. Should I study it as the two exams or are there any good resources for the combination, if you get wat I mean??

Also, how do I go about getting the certificate. I ordered one when I got my first MCP but cannot for the life of me remember where I went to get it.

Sounds good. Looks like you have got yourself a plan.

https://mcp.microsoft.com/authenticate/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/Default.mspx is the link to log into MCP.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the accomplishment!
    The poster above gave you the link to download and print your certificate. You may want to order this one (It's a little more important) which costs $11 from the same site. As far as I know there isn't one good resource for the 70-648 and you should probably study for both the 70-640/642 .
    Good luck on your studies.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    CosmocatCosmocat Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great icon_cheers.gif news and best of luck with further studies icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    paulvill76paulvill76 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Today I finished off my MCSA!

I´m proud and very happy with myself even though it's taken a lot longer than I originally planned, new baby ...!

I found 70-284 very hard, I did not pass and was retired last march , today I take 70-680 and found it the easiest of all the exams so far ! Almost like XP.

So I need now 648 upgrade to MCITP Windows Server 2008 (640 + 642), then 646 and I will have my MCITP Server administrator, then 643 and 647 and I will get my MCITP Enterprise administrator and I need a Client and this is My 70-680 so i´m done !

how do I go about getting the certificate. I couldn´t ordered one when I got my first MCP and I want my MCSA ad MCTS!

I emailed the Microsoft Certified Professional's Help Desk @ mcphelp@microsoft.com (and 1.800.636.7544 if needed )
    They are authorized to release your Professional ID number to you.

Hi ! I´d like to order mu MCP ID Card and was been discontinued , Any way to have it printer from originals ?

Customer Care : customercare@ecompanystore.com
    Call Us Toll Free - 1-888-672-1422
    Fax - 678-942-3158
    Mail Us eCompanyStore
    5945 Cabot Pkwy Bldg 200 Ste 150
    Alpharetta Georgia 30005

They say :

We would be happy to assist you.

We would like to inform you that Microsoft is planning to relaunch the Wallet Card very soon. However, Microsoft has not released the date yet. As an alternative, you may download and print the Virtual Business Card from the MCP Member Site.

You can access the Virtual business cards by visiting http://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com

So i´m waiting to have my MCP card!

regards

pablo