where is my GUI on cucm 6.0 on vmware

xzyanxzyan Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
I installed cucm 6.0 .. up on the install completion I was presented w/ user/pass login . I did log in then, Now I am in the admin prompt . I know I should open IE and type an Ip address to get me tp cucm gui, I remember put in ip 192.168.1.2 w/ the gtwy of .1 , but that Ip does not get me anyware.
on my network connection , I see

this is on window 200 server

vmware network adapter VMnet 1
ip = 192.168.0.1 /24
no gtwy
dns-127.0.0.1

Local area conn VMnet 8
ip = 192.168.60.1 /24
no gtwy
dns-127.0.0.1

local area connection 1 and 2 have no ip

when on CLI.

admin: sho network eth0
ip address 192.168.1.2 /24
gtwy = 192.168.1.1

this in the ip I put during the install.

can someone help pls

Thanks

Comments

• azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    From IE/FF use the address;

https://<CUCM_IP_ADDR>/ccmadmin

that will take you to the login page.
  • xzyanxzyan Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    azaghul wrote: »
    From IE/FF use the address;

https://<CUCM_IP_ADDR>/ccmadmin

that will take you to the login page.

Thank you I did that did not get me any ware

I was able to ping 192.168.1.2 witch is the ip I gave to my interface. but I am not able to ping the gtwy that I assigned 192.168.1.1

I am not able to ping 192.168.0.1 for VmNET1

I am not able to ping 192.168.60.1 for VmNET 8
  • pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Is 192.168.1.0/24 the actual (not virtual) network that your PC is on? Check the NIC settings on the VM and make sure that it’s set to “Bridged” and not NAT.
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
    I have 2 card on hp360dl.. durring the install of ccm. I give it an address of 192.168.1.2 /24 w/ gtwy of .1 ...

can somone help please. I need this ccm up for jobs interview so I need to play before I present myself .

Thanks
    xzyan wrote: »
    I have 2 card on hp360dl.. durring the install of ccm. I give it an address of 192.168.1.2 /24 w/ gtwy of .1 ...

can somone help please. I need this ccm up for jobs interview so I need to play before I present myself .

Thanks

The gateway IP should be that of a router (or layer-3 switch) - Is there a router on the 192.168.1.0/24 network with an IP address of 192.168.1.1?
    pitviper wrote: »
    The gateway IP should be that of a router (or layer-3 switch) - Is there a router on the 192.168.1.0/24 network with an IP address of 192.168.1.1?

I am sorry if I was not clear. i will try to explain better.

I have a dl360. windows 2000 server.
    I installed VMWARE 1.0.10
    I have 2 phisical nics on the dl360
    on my network connections I see 4 interfaces
    local area network 1 = dhcp config
    local area network 2 = dhcp config
    Vnet adapter 1= 192.168.0.1 /24 dns 127.0.0.1 and no gateway
    Vnet adapter 2=192.168.60.1 /24 dns 127.0.0.1 and no gateway

on VMware-->host-->virtual network setting

summary
    Vnet0 --bridged to an automaticaly chosen adapter and DHCP enabled
    Vnet 1-- A private network shared w/ host subnet 192.168.0.0 DHCP enabled
    Vnet 8 -- used to share the host ip address subnet 192.168.60.0 DHCP enabled

automatic bridgind --- cheked

Host virtual network mapping
    Vnet0 --bridged to an automaticaly chosen adapter
    Vnet 1--VMware network adapter Vnet1
    Vnet 8 --VMware network adapter Vnet8

Host virtual adapter
    Vnet 1--status enabled
    Vnet 8 --status enabled

DHCP
    ----

Vnet 0 subnet -192.168.140.0 /24
    Vnet 1 subnet -192.168.0.0 /24
    Vnet 8 subnet -192.168.60.0 /24
    service status --started

NAT
    ---

VMnet8
    gtwy--192.168.60.2
    netmask- 255.255.255.0
    status started

Hope this help I realy need to get this going to start learning , Thank you all for your help .
    Mine looks something like this – Host OS is Server 2003 R2 Ent x64, using VMWare Workstation:

33566176.jpg
    pitviper

ok, I c .. now since my CUCM is configured w/ 192.168.1.2 /24 gtwy .1 , I need to go to my phisical nic and configured for 192.168.1.3 /24 gtwy .1,

is your automatic bridgind chked can you post other tabs . it will be very helpfull ,.

Thank you so much for your time
    when I start the CUCM -- I GET "The network bridge on device VMnet0 is temporarily down because the bridged Ethernet interface is down. The virtual machine may not be able to communicate with the host or with other machines on your network

one more thing while I was observing CUCM coming up . it says something about could not find the gateway ...
    auto bridging is unchecked. Also make sure that there are no DHCP nor NAT settings for VMNET 0 (or whichever virtual network you choose to use).

Check the NIC properties (in VMWare) for each VM and make sure that they are set to VMNET 0.
    when I start the CUCM -- I GET "The network bridge on device VMnet0 is temporarily down because the bridged Ethernet interface is down. The virtual machine may not be able to communicate with the host or with other machines on your network

Is the physical NIC plugged into a switch? (or router w/crossover cable)?

Windows needs to see it up in order for VMware to use it.
    no there is no switch or router or any other device , this is a stand alone windows 2000 w/ cucm installed. I tried to configure my first nic w/ 192.168.1.3 /24 and no go,, when I login to vmawre I choose Local. am I doing something wrong . must be... lol

I do have a router is that 's what needed... Just need to get this working ..

Thanks and don't set me on fire if asking stupid questions.. icon_wink.gif
    pitviper..

I am still trying to get this cucm to work, can you help please.

Thanks
    Just tried it here, it is possible to do, with a slight catch;

Physical PC
    IP addr: 192.168.99.1
    Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.99.1 (or blank)
    DNS: 4.2.2.2

Virtual PC (CUCM)
    IP addr: 192.168.99.210
    Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 192.168.99.1
    Adaptor: Bridged

The catch is it requires a physical external switch to plug the physical PC into so that the physical PCs ethernet interface comes up. Once it comes up you should be fine. No router needed.
    pitviper wrote: »
    Is the physical NIC plugged into a switch? (or router w/crossover cable)?

Windows needs to see it up in order for VMware to use it.

Did you try this?
    did not try it yet,, will do and let you know , Thanks to both of you...
    hey guys just want to let you know , it worked . thank you very much to azaghul and pitviper .. now that I have that set up what is the next thing to do as far as LAB HARDWARE .. I would like to get a full lab if I can if not @ least get what you guys have . again Thanks a million
    I would like to get a full lab if I can if not @ least get what you guys have.

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccvp/50772-revamped-ccvp-lab-setup.html

:)
    pitviper --that is too advanced for me. still newbie , I need baby steps..icon_wink.gif. Thank you
    my next question is Sftp question.. I have downloaded cucm 7.0 from cisco website. (cmterm-devicepack7.0.2.22028-1cop.sgn) and saved in desktop, I am using Freeftpd. w/ Ip address 192.168.1.3 witch is local Pc. I have user/pass set . when I try to do the upgrade I get a warning message: another session is installing software, click Assume Control to take over the instalation ... I clicked on Assume control Tab

then it get me to

source ---> Remotefile system
    Directory --> c:\document and setting\admin.home\descktop\cmterm-devicepack7.0.2.22028-1cop.sgn
    server 192.168.1.3
    user--> me
    user pass --> 00000
    transfer Protocol---> sftp

i click Next

I get ---> an unknow error ocuured while accessing the upgrade file..

any one have seen this before.

Thanks again.. let me know if I should start new post for my question or just keep this one a live .
    pitvipers lab is really a CCIE-Voice like environment, but it works equally as well for CCVP. Wish I had his budget for 2811's:D, but my mix of 1760's, 2691 & 3725 work just as well (for now).

To start with, just use 2 CME routers connected via DCE-DTE serial (to simulate the WAN) and E1/T1 (to simulate the PSTN). If your CCNA-Voice was IIUC it should ease you into CCVP nicely.

Can't help with the upgrade problem... never tried one yet. Maybe now is the timeicon_rolleyes.gif
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To start with, just use 2 CME routers connected via DCE-DTE serial (to simulate the WAN) and E1/T1 (to simulate the PSTN). If your CCNA-Voice was IIUC it should ease you into CCVP nicely.

Azaghul,

What do you mean E1/T1 (to simulate the PSTN)? How do you simulate the PSTN with E1/T1 setup? I have 3 CME routers setup with dial peers on each CME to reach the others. Can you elaborate or provide a link on the E1/T1? Thanks!

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Can you elaborate or provide a link on the E1/T1? Thanks!
    Azaghul has a 1760 config posted here -- but there are several other PSTN Cloud or PSTN Simulator threads in the CCVP forum.

I've posted the link to the CCBootCamp initial configs for their CCIE Voice Racks which includes their PSTN configuration. The links keep changing (but if you go to their download directory you should be able to poke down through the directories and find it). They use a 2811, but part of the learning process of building your own PSTN is figuring out how to make it work -- and you can use multiple cheaper routers in your PSTN cloud.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    No problem... as its way too costly to order multiple E1/T1 services you can use a router to simulate it. If you've directed dial-peers over a serial link or out an FXO port, this just takes it one step further.

CME R1 (T1)
    (T1) PSTN R0 (T1)
    (T1) CME R2

or more simply to start things off

CME R1 (T1)
    (T1) CME R2

Connect R1 & R2 to a central router that is configured to simulate the PSTN via T1 (or E1) with RJ-48 E1/t1 cross-over cables.

The CME routers will recieve clock (clock source line) and ISDN network emulation (isdn protocol-emulate user)

The PSTN router will supply clock (clock source internal) and ISDN network emulation (isdn protocol-emulate network), and with a lot of work you can set up dial-peers to pass calls through. If you setup a CIPC phone on the PSTN router, you can have it recieve 911, 1-800 and 011 calls.

hxxp://blog.ine.com/2009/01/18/configuring-a-pstn-dialplan/

A lot of what I did was trial and error, and isn't easy to describe. But I learnt a lot about number translation and transformation. Watching the debug messages also was great to see what numbers were dialled, sent and received at various stages. Most of the info can be pulled together from the CVOICE text and CBT Nuggets.
    Here is the simplified config using just 2 routers. You'll need to adapt it to your environment, but it will get you started.:D

R1
    isdn switch-type primary-net5

controller E1 0/0
     pri-group timeslots 1-5,16
     [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]clock source line[/B][/COLOR]
     framing crc4 australia
     linecode hdb3
     no shutdown
     exit

interface Serial 0/0:15
     desc *** E1 signalling channel ***
     no ip address
     [B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]isdn protocol-emulate user[/COLOR][/B]
     isnd incoming-voice voice
     no shutdown
     exit

dial-peer voice 1 pots
     desc *** INBOUND ISDN PRI (5 channels) ***
     incoming called-number 10..
     direct-inward-dial
     exit

dial-peer voice 2000 pots
     desc *** OUTBOUND ISDN PRI to R2 ***
     destination-pattern 20..
     no digit-strip
     port 0/0:15
     exit

R2

controller E1 0/0
     pri-group timeslots 1-5,16
     [COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]clock source internal[/B][/COLOR]
     framing crc4 australia
     linecode hdb3
     no shutdown
     exit

interface Serial 0/0:15
     desc *** E1 signalling channel ***
     no ip address
     [B][COLOR=RoyalBlue]isdn protocol-emulate network[/COLOR][/B]
     isnd incoming-voice voice
     no shutdown
     exit

dial-peer voice 1 pots
     desc *** INBOUND ISDN PRI (5 channels) ***
     incoming called-number 20..
     direct-inward-dial
     exit

dial-peer voice 1000 pots
     desc *** OUTBOUND ISDN PRI to R1 ***
     destination-pattern 10..
     no digit-strip
     port 0/0:15
     exit

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys... I've bookmarked this link so I can refer to it in the very near future. Thanks again.
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
    pitvipers lab is really a CCIE-Voice like environment, but it works equally as well for CCVP. Wish I had his budget for 2811's:D, but my mix of 1760's, 2691 & 3725 work just as well (for now).

Can't help with the upgrade problem... never tried one yet. Maybe now is the timeicon_rolleyes.gif

azaghul
    ======

I would like to copy your lab setup if it is cheap and easy to setup..

what did you use 1760's, 2691 & 3725 for ..I am still struggling to set up voice lab.. I got my cucm 6.0 to work thank you to you and pitviper .. now I am trying to move forward , can you please help..

Thank you all for your support keep up what you doing.
    No probs...

Though I don't think you'll ever find a cheap or easy Voice Lab. As for "keep doing what you're doing".. does going grey count?icon_lol.gif

Have included the logical network map, the physical map is much more complicated as I've spread the lab over 2 rooms to reduce noise in my study.

I'll leave out the configs, have to leave you with some "fun".icon_lol.gif

HQ site
    Cisco 3725 running c3725-adventerprisek9_ivs-mz.124-15.T11.bin w/128F/256D & CME v4.1
    VWIC-1MFT-E1, WIC-2T, AIM-ATM-VOICE30 (supplied DSPs for the E1)
    NM-CUE, NM-HD-2V (VIC2-4FXO, VIC-4FXS/DID)

BR1-BR3 sites
    Cisco 1760 running c1700-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T11.bin w/ 48-64F/160D & CME v4.1
    VWIC-1MFT-E1 (or T1), WIC-2T, minimum PVDM-256K-8

WAN (frame-relay switch)
    Cisco 1760 running c1700-adventerprisek9-mz.124-15.T11.bin w/ 32F/128D
    2 x WIC-2T

PSTN
    Cisco 2691 running c2691-adventerprisek9_ivs-mz.124-15.T11.bin w/ 128F/256D & CME v4.1
    1 x VWIC-2MFT-E1, 2 x VWIC-1MFT-T1, AIM-ATM-VOICE30 (supplied DSPs for the E1/T1s)
    CIPC run remotely to allow dial in/dial out

Shared Services
    Cisco 3550-PWR, 3524-PWR, 2 x 2950 (with very complicated VLAN setups)
    2 x CP7912, 2 x CP7940, 2 x CP7960, CIPC
    2 x IBM x306 servers capable of running CUCM natively, these were purchased when doing my CCNA 3 years ago when CCM v4.x was still in style (yeah, I plan ahead)
    1 x generic PC (Inter i5 with 8GB RAM, Server 2008 Enterprise) doubles as my Lab management PC and VMware Workstation box

Home Network
    Cisco 857W and 2960G
    Allows internet access to the Lab via my HQ router, but mainly for NTP access

Hope this is a good start...
    Thank you so much.. there is always a slotution to going grey . lol .

again , Thank you. I am sure I will be back .