Passed with 846 !!

Ed MorrisEd Morris Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Passed today with an 846 !!

many scenario questions
very few port questions
many topology questions, 10base2, 10base 5, basic fiber questions

I put in quite a bit of time studying for this thing and I worried about it a little too much!

I took every practice exam I could find, Technotes "Special Edition" VERY HELPFUL

What would the next logical certification step be (if there is such a thing)for someone looking to get a good overall handle on networking, LANS, WANS be?
I don't technically need any specific certifications for my job, but I would like to continue studying,

Thanks

Comments

• seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Just one quick question:

Were there any questions about the apple protocols, its the one aspect of the exam that im the weakest at.

Thanks
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!

I would say start on Cisco certification. At least look over the subject matter and decide if that is the area of networking you want to pursue.
    This will get you quite deeply into the network devices you learned about when you studied for N+.

Another thing to consider is the Microsoft certs concerning the aspects of administering/designing the Domain and integrating domains into WANs.
    There is a great deal to learn here. This gets you more into the logical side of networking, starting with the single client and ranging to the whole Internet if you want.

That's just a general idea of a couple of ways to approach the subject, or at least to get started.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congratulations!
    What would the next logical certification step be (if there is such a thing)for someone looking to get a good overall handle on networking, LANS, WANS be?
    Most common is to go for either MCSA/E or Cisco's CCNA cert. Both not vendor neutral like CompTIA certs, but since they are the most common in real world networks, you can't go wrong with them.
  • princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    Webmaster wrote:
    Congratulations!
    Most common is to go for either MCSA/E or Cisco's CCNA cert. Both not vendor neutral like CompTIA certs, but since they are the most common in real world networks, you can't go wrong with them.

The best advice for you. meanwhile i join others to say "congratulation".
    Knowledge is life
  • msrobinmsrobin Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratulations. way to go icon_lol.gif
  • Doomsday JDoomsday J Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice Score! Good Job!
    If you dont stand for something, you will fall for anything.
  • Ed MorrisEd Morris Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    seuss_ssues: I only had 1 question about Apple Protocols, It asked something to the effect of: If an Apple Workstation was networked to a Netware Server what protocols should be loaded on each machine.

I had left you a private message about this but I didnt know if you received it. Good Luck !!
  • DarklyWiseDarklyWise Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass :)
    A being Darkly Wise and Rudely Great
  • my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171