Second Shot Expires 6/30/2010

Jonny70Jonny70 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just wanted to remind everyone that Second Shot expires at the end of June. This is a great deal if you're on the fence about taking an exam now. If you sign up then if you do not get a passing score on the exam you can resit the exam for free!!

Here's the official site: Microsoft Learning Career Portal: Special Offers

Comments

• mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks for the reminder, I've let my studies slide this year. Better hurry up and upgrade to MCITP.
  • Jonny70Jonny70 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You're welcome. I just know that's the kind of thing I kick myself for later.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    There are plenty of people here who can provide you with second shot vouchers via the Learning Rewards program.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have my 70-270 exam scheduled for may 8th, and I plan to do the 20-290 and 70-291 (possibily in the same day) prior to June 30th. The way I see it I still have a decent amount of time to freshen up and even have an extra week to retake if I need to.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Looks like the MCP Learning Rewards Second Shot vouchers expire at the same time.

What a waste of my time signing up for that was.
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reminder, I'm going to take a test swing at the beast next Friday I guess (been studying off & on for a few months and I guess I'll start cramming this weekend). That'll get me my MCSA, which is going to be my last stop on the 2003 track.
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    arwes wrote: »
    That'll get me my MCSA, which is going to be my last stop on the 2003 track.

Noooo, don't say it's so. Continue with the remaining 3 exams, the last one is quite easy. Trust me, it's worth the effort to complete the MCSE.
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nah, I'm gonna go ahead and convert over to the 2k8 track. Everybody I know in town is either using Windows 2008 or looking to switch ASAP.
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    Arwes, you are so close to getting your MCSA hopefully you knock it out soon. I agree with Mike, although I am not finished yet, you would be able you hold MCSE and the 2k8 certs as well.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Yeah I really should be taking a shot at 693 but motivation is low since im so busy with work and WGU.

icon_sad.gif
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How likely are they to extend this offer? I seem to recall they extended it a couple years ago. I'm taking the 70-290 Thursday and would like to try to work the 291 in on the Second Shot but may have waited too long.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com