Options

TrueSecure ICSA

So this is my next cert....

question is...what books do i get? I took the practice test on their site and got a 85..it said i was pretty much ready for the test....i also bought the blue and orange TICSA book...seems like the ONLY TICSA book...does anyone know of anywhere else to look?

also how does this exam rank in toughness against the sec+? from what i saw in the practice questions on TrueSecure's site the questions might as well have been FROM the security+
Josh
A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, TICSA, CCNA, MCSA, AS Network Engineering

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    TICSA looks like an intermediate-level Security+ exam. I recently found the blue and orange Que TICSA book through addall.com for something like $6US. I don't find much mention of this cert anywhere, and I can understand the heavy discount. Other than PrepLogic, I don't see any of the exam prep or training companies supporting it.

I was going to study for it, but when looking at the TICSA web site (https://ticsa.trusecure.com/), I noted an exam prerequisite that is not mentioned in the Que book:

[quote=https://ticsa.trusecure.com/requirements.shtml]Have at least two years experience in network security administration, or can demonstrate attendance of at least 48 hours of approved computer security training or coursework (within a 24-month period).[/quote]
    I can't prove either of these prerequisites, so I'll have to pass on the TICSA.
  • Options
    ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
    i found the TICSA book for $3...you guys should look at alibris.com most of my study books i get are under $5 and are usually around $30-50

i have the experience and the sec+ so that should not be a problem, like i said i did excellent on the practice tests, however, it would be nice to atually have something to study :)
    Josh
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    ja5983 wrote:
    i found the TICSA book for $3...you guys should look at alibis.com most of my study books i get are under $5 and are usually around $30-50
    The $6US I paid included shipping. The web site addall.com is a free book search and price comparison service that includes alibis.com in its searches. Frequently, there are book sellers on amazon.com that have better prices than alibis.com. It is in the type and costs of the shipping that will drive up the prices and lengthen the time it takes to receive the shipment.
  • Options
    ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
    wow 6 including shipping?! thas awesome..im gonna bookmark that page.. are you currently going for the TICSA or have gone for it before? i just passed my sec+ and im continually scoring a passing score on the practice test..think i need to study more? if you have taken it how hard is it compared to sec+?
    Josh