Options

Passed 272, now MCDST!

phobophilephobophile Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
I found the 272 a bit more difficult. Scored a 911/1000. I won't post about what general categories were tested, since my 271 post was redacted (sorry earweed, didn't see your PM until after the fact). Though, I will say that you should definitely know as much as you can about Outlook, that was my main tripping point.

Used MS Press and CBT Nuggets, it was all that was really necessary. After a week break, I'll be starting my CCENT.

Good luck to all!

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!
    About your other post, you had remembered a lot of detail and posted it. I only found it because someone else had linked to it and said how it had given him so much help on his exam. They value the NDA here and would hate to be labeled a **** site.
    I wish I could remember that much detail about the test I took yesterday, so I could figure what I did poorly on.
    Good luck on your ccent!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    etbjr182etbjr182 Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!!
    phobophile wrote: »

Used MS Press and CBT Nuggets, it was all that was really necessary.

Good to know. I'll remember this for when I start studying for my MCDST.
    Currently studying for 70-640 :study:
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats. I think I'm going to look at the cert in a few months after I get MCSA and Security+ out of the way. I did a 70-271 practice test of 20 questions and scored 80% without doing any study (other than the 70-270). So I have pretty high hopes.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    GaryLeungGaryLeung Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found the 272 a bit more difficult.
    Yeah, I had the same feeling when I took the test. But great score nevertheless and congratulations on the new cert !!
    Chance favors the prepared mind - Louis Pasteur
  • Options
    lalooshlaloosh Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the new cert!

I was under the impression that 272 was slightly easier than 271, so your statement about it being a bit more difficult spooks me a little.

Just out of curiosity, what was your score on the 271?
  • Options
    phobophilephobophile Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    laloosh wrote: »
    Congratulations on the new cert!

I was under the impression that 272 was slightly easier than 271, so your statement about it being a bit more difficult spooks me a little.

Just out of curiosity, what was your score on the 271?

Well, that was my experience, it may be different depending on your background knowledge and the interest in the subject. Learning about Outlook and Office was very excruciating and was dry material icon_neutral.gif. It was much easier to study about Users & Groups, NTFS Permissions, and networking.

Oh, and my 271 score was 966.
    etbjr182 wrote:
    Good to know. I'll remember this for when I start studying for my MCDST.

Yeah, I used the Sybex for the 271, but I did not find the material too helpful. Like in my previous post on my 271 experience, I found the material to be misleading, and the subject matter presented to be irrelevant to the test. You may be even be fine just reading the MS Press book thoroughly, but CBT was a good way to plug in some knowledge gaps.