JNCIE errata

Robert_74Robert_74 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is there any kind of JNCIE errata with all the corrections over the book ?

I have already found a couple of mistakes in the book ( for example CoS chapter
, be policer also catches NC traffic) which would cost me a couple of points on exam so would be nice to know all of them

Thanks

Comments

• high1432007high1432007 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So did u managed to passed
  • Robert_74Robert_74 Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Not taken yet, but I will .. eventually :)
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    There's a very uncomplete errata on Sybex's website

JNCIE: JNCIE: Juniper Networks Certified Internet Expert Study Guide: Exam CERT-JNCIE-M - Book Information - Sybex

but there's next to nothing there.

I remember how frustrating it was to find these mistakes in the JNCIE book. My book contains many corrections in it. Although it did make me pay serious attention to what I was reading so maybe that helped me absorb the stuff better :)
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
    Aldur wrote: »
    I remember how frustrating it was to find these mistakes in the JNCIE book. My book contains many corrections in it. Although it did make me pay serious attention to what I was reading so maybe that helped me absorb the stuff better :)

100 percent agree. The more problems you address now the less you will see later. Just want to make sure that all bits and pieces are covered, all questions
    answered and no doubts left :D
    Yup, I know that feeling. Just keep in mind that there are a decent amount of mistakes in the book and so don't be afraid to question if something seems out of order.

Also, have you set a date for your exam?

-Bender
  • hoogen82hoogen82 Member Posts: 272
    I actually asked Harry if he had his own errata... Guess he does.. but for some odd reason he said he would share it with the Sybex folks... but this was about 5-6 months ago... And I believe he hasn't done so till now...
    IS-IS Sleeps.
    BGP peers are quiet.
    Something must be wrong.
  • zoidbergzoidberg Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    blah... nm... that link i put here goes to a different page, but it's still the same errata :P
    Aldur wrote: »
    Also, have you set a date for your exam?

Not yet, really. Being inheritably lazy can not really push myself to 24h juniper drill circle. Just finished working out the book, next week will go through VPN config guides, after that some JNCIP refreshments - so seems like going to be end of July. I am also doing preps for alcatel SRA, so time is shared.
    But, as I said, fingers crossed and the Gods of Juniper will smile upon me by the end of the summer :D
    hoogen82 wrote: »
    I actually asked Harry if he had his own errata... Guess he does.. but for some odd reason he said he would share it with the Sybex folks... but this was about 5-6 months ago... And I believe he hasn't done so till now...

No, he has not .. shame really. I guess some people can take the context as a given, and that would cost them a final score
    One thing I would recommend is to cross reference the JNCIE material with the JNCIS material. All the topics that are found in the JNCIE are also covered in the JNCIS. I remember referencing back to the JNCIS book when I thought I found something out of place in the JNCIE book and then confirming what I found online.

Requires a bit of extra leg work but I think it helps cement the knowledge better :)

-Bender
    Robert_74 wrote: »
    I am also doing preps for alcatel SRA

SRA?!?! Yikes man! You must be a sucker for punishment ;) I kid, I kid. I looked going that route at one time, but only did a few of the ALU exams. I wasn't able to get much official training, and reading their product manuals became a real drag. No way I was going to crawl my way thru the 11? exams. Well, I guess I have 4 exemptions, but it's still a lot of tests to take.

Slightly off topic (sorry aldur :P), but what's the NRS lab like? I almost went and tried it for the "fun" of it. Guess I'm a sucker for punishment as well. :)
    zoidberg wrote: »
    SRA?!?! Yikes man! You must be a sucker for punishment ;) I kid, I kid. I looked going that route at one time, but only did a few of the ALU exams. I wasn't able to get much official training, and reading their product manuals became a real drag. No way I was going to crawl my way thru the 11? exams. Well, I guess I have 4 exemptions, but it's still a lot of tests to tak

Thanks zoidberg, frankly it was a long 12 month way to go without any support material - it was 2007 - and when I realised what I had done ( passed already 2 or3) there was no way back , so yes, sort of a sucker icon_wink.gif
    As far as exam concerns, you can not expect much for 4 hours. If you are comfortable with such terms as VPLS/IES/SDP you will be fine.
    Haha. Cool. I figured the NRS lab can't be too bad (other than it's ALU ;)) because of the tight time constraints. One thing I was wondering, and do not know if it's under the ALU NDA or not, do you start with blank boxes and build the config from scratch? I'm guessing there's some config there if you're talking about playing with VPLS/IES/SDP. Although I guess a base config doesn't take log either. And, I know this is totally subjective to ones experience, but JNCIP vs NRS, which was harder or how did they compare?

I'm content now that I have my ALU SRC plaque and it has 4 or 5 of those tiles on it. But maybe one day I'll go for some more. Did you get a TiMOS simulator? My previous company had some in their lab, but we were worried that if we tried copying it and running it at home it might phone home to ALU and rat us out. No clue if they actually do that or not.

And so Aldur doesn't hit me too hard for being completely off topic ;) If you run into possible errata scenarios with the JNCIE book, hit us up on the forum and we'll help you out. Hope your studies are going well!