Options

Can anyone recommend a good book for Server +

AJJ28AJJ28 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Can anyone recommend a good book I could use to study for Server +?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    AJJ28AJJ28 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I like using test engines to prepare for these exams...without being able to find a good book does anyone have any suggestions about a good test engine or better a book?
  • Options
    TheMechanicTheMechanic Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hmm im looking for a book as well, gonna start studying on june 4th, want to take the exam the 20th. Should be breezy after A, N and S+ =)
    Needs 100K
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    AJJ28 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good book I could use to study for Server +?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you looked at Sybex or the A-I-O, by Bigelow?

These two are pretty much the leading books for A+, NET+, Sever+ and Sec+

Also, follow the objectives and read white papers from vendors and such.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    AJJ28 wrote: »
    I like using test engines to prepare for these exams...without being able to find a good book does anyone have any suggestions about a good test engine or better a book?

Transcender puts out a good test engine. I use it with all of my tests.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    skylineskyline Member Posts: 135
    Any particular reason you are doing this exam? IMHO I save the time and $$$ and skip this exam. Move onto the M$ path instead
    Goals for '11
    MCITP: EA
    ITIL
    CCNA

Studying:
    MS press book 70-680
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    skyline wrote: »
    Any particular reason you are doing this exam? IMHO I save the time and $$$ and skip this exam. Move onto the M$ path instead

Thats what I was told by someone. MCSA/E is better than server+, although server+ is quicker. You get what you work for.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    NorbieNorbie Member Posts: 105
    Is there even a book out that maps to the Server+ 2010 objectives?
    "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I looked on Amazon and all I found was this Amazon.com: Server+ (SK0-003) eBook: PrepLogic: Kindle Store which is kindle only for $9 and one of those Axzo Press books which are textbooks and cost almost $160.
    The rest of the server+ books were older editions.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    neocybeneocybe Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is a good certification to have if you work in or plan to work in a pc technician -break/fix sort of role. All of the major vendors require this cert as a prerequisite for thier individual server hardware certifications. I used the sybex studyguide and server+ exam cram with transcender practice tests.
  • Options
    brewdbrewd Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Unfortunately there are few Server+ books for the SK0-003 2009 objectives. I found the same results on Amazon as reported above, but found the PrepLogic MegaGuide (I assume it's the same thing as the Kindle PrepLogic guide) on sale for $1.

Currently, the sale is over with (they're $34 at the present), but PrepLogic does seem to run it often, here's a link to their MegaGuides. I bought a few of them during their sale: Network+, Server+, Security+, CISSP. The Security+ one was quite good and helped fill in some holes in the Sybex book.