Options

CISSP training material

ocsleeperocsleeper Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I'm new here and planning on taking the CISSP exam really soon. I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I'm curious to know what is the best training material for this exam? I'm currently reading the Shon Harris 5th edition and am picking up the materials really well. On my first go through, I am able to answer all the self test question at the rate of at least 80% and am planning on going through the book once more to pick up on anything that I might have missed. Do you know if mastering this book is enough to sit for the exam or is there other resources that I should hit as well in prepping for it?

My current real world experience is that I've been working in the IT field for about 10 years now so I'm not new to a lot of networking concepts. Currently holding the CCNP, CCNA security as well as the MCSE. Any helpful hint would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The official gold book might introduce some additional content and might also be worth a quick review. Aside from the, the questions at Free practice exams for the CISSP, CISA, SSCP, GSEC- cccure.org - Bringing Education to the World are probably the best supplement to written materials.
  • Options
    botbillbotbill Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am studying for the cissp as well. Personally, I am reading both AIO 5th and ISC books. They both compromise each other very well.

I am doing very well with the sample tests from both books but I don't think the actual test has anything to do with the sample tests. It will depend heavily on your experience ( which you have).

This is how i am doing:
    * Reading both books and relate those topics to your environments as much as you can.
    * watch the video from cccure.org to reenforce your knowledge
    * Read all the posts from JD (his posts will clear my mind and helps you focus on the materials)
    * Set your test date.

I hope this helps.
    Cheers
    working on cissp, ceh and pmp
  • Options
    botbillbotbill Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Check this blog out from JDMurray
    CISSP | TechExams.net Blogs

Cheers
    working on cissp, ceh and pmp