Pass Security+ Today

botbillbotbill Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
I passed my Securiyt+. I am so happy. Thanks everyone in this forum for all the notes and solid recommendations. My road to the test was reading Darrill's book twice, google, preplogic example test (twice) and Self Test Software CompTIA SY0-201 Training Products - Practice tests and Online Courses - SY0-201 (twice).

It took me first 10 minutes to get into testing gear. But afterthat I was flying, i went through 100 questions in 50 minutes, and still had plenty of time to review all the flagged quesitions. There are alot of questions i had to guess and they are not in Darrill's book nor in any of the sample tests. Overall, The test was what I was expecting not easy but not too hard.

If I had to do it over again i would read two books instead of one and understand the all concepts well not rushing into it.

Thanks everyone-
Cheers
working on cissp, ceh and pmp

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Mine is in about 6 hours. I studied less then you did so I hope I pass but I don't feel like its gonna happen. What was your score if you don't mind me asking?
  • botbillbotbill Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Mine is in about 6 hours. I studied less then you did so I hope I pass but I don't feel like its gonna happen. What was your score if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks, Chris. It is 790. It was supprised that the test has alot of windows questions. I am a linux guy so it was kind a throwing me off guard abit.
    Cheers,
  • botbillbotbill Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats on the new cert!

Thanks,
  • maithammaitham Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • robinsonrobinson Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing.Great run down on what you saw on your exam and it is sure to be of great help to other members trying to get this certification. It will be great if you can help out wherever you can.
  • dorawedorawe Member Posts: 106
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well done nice cert
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • getitngogetitngo Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on that test!
    In Progress:
    Degree in Engineering