b

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
d

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It is likely possible, the only problem your going to have is time. While Microsoft hasn't released any timelines yet, my opinion is that at the end of this year or early next year they expire the exams. Taking a couple months off might work out, but doing CCNA seems like a lengthy process. I don't know how long it takes to renew it.

EDIT: Microsoft can retire an exam at any time. They don't have to give you any warning at all. (Although they usually do.)
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would just go straight through the MCSE. the 291 and 293 are very similar in material. The 294 builds on those exams.

From what I understand about Cisco, you need to re-certify every 3 years and taking an exam, re-certifies all other cisco certs held. I think Mikej412 mentioned that he has taken 23 exams and has not re-taken any. I would verify that on Cisco's site, though.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'd look at Cisco site to see what would be the most expedient way to renew your CCNA. How much more would you need for the CCNA:Sec for example. I think you'll have time for the MCSE as MS doesn't usually retire an exam without a lot of notice.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.