No job experience

Hey folks

I was wondering about one thing .... i have no previous job experience in IT field? So what should i write in experience column? Just say something like i got NO experience in IT field or lie about it to get a job?

In what words should i tell my employer that i dont have any experience but i will try to do my best at workplace icon_confused.gif:

waiting eagerly for response
:santa:

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Your best bet is to start somewhere doing support. You will not get into any major networking postion without experience, regardless of how many, and what certs you hold. You absolutly do NOT lie! If that potential employer were to check on that, you wouldn't last long. Also, look for any volunteer work you could do. It counts as experience, and looks good on a resume.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • sunny_evandersunny_evander Member Posts: 126
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Your best bet is to start somewhere doing support. You will not get into any major networking postion without experience, regardless of how many, and what certs you hold. You absolutly do NOT lie! If that potential employer were to check on that, you wouldn't last long. Also, look for any volunteer work you could do. It counts as experience, and looks good on a resume.

Its a entry level position "Job:Trainee PC/LAN Analyst" and i am perfectly fit for that position, the only thing is presentation of resume/cover letter to HR and calling him.... if i can impress him i can get this job...
  • DarklyWiseDarklyWise Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Now you don't have any professional ( say: employed ) experience - however with your current cert you must have some experience doing home networking... You should also consider getting Network+ (entry level, vendor neutral cert ) to throw on there to show that even though you're new to the IT Industry, you still have a good background...

But never, NEVER misrepresent yourself - people talk - and it is a small world out there... you never know who knows who!

You are who you are and you're starting out... you have to start somewhere!
    A being Darkly Wise and Rudely Great
  • NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Everyone starts at the bottom of the totem pole. I did helpdesk for like 3 years while I was going through school just to get experience. Also practice with a home lab or troubleshoot your friends computers. Practice and experience will give you a solid foundation and will make you a better candidate when employers look at your resume. Certifications will help as well so get studying and get those acronyms added to your resume.
    Thanks folks for the suggestions... I have applied for the job and i will call the employer in 5-6 days to ask for the first time " did u get my resume" - i know she got it but just to tell her "i am here" icon_lol.gif

Lets see what happens
    Thanks folks for the suggestions... I have applied for the job and i will call the employer in 5-6 days to ask for the first time " did u get my resume" - i know she got it but just to tell her "i am here" icon_lol.gif

Lets see what happens

I called the employer yesterday....she was busy and i left a message and she called me back after 5 mins.... i introduced myself and told all stuff abt what i study, Cisco Stuff etc.... So she told me IF u r selected for the interview we will get bak to u....... But i donno why i totally forgot to ask her when possibly can i get a result for my application? I cant call her over and over again icon_sad.gif
    All i can do is wait , wait and wait icon_confused.gif
  • reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    You could always go Geek Squad at Best Buy or apply for an entry level job at your local ISP. icon_cool.gif
    Reloaded~4~Ever