Where are the best Test/Practice Exams???

Coupe2tCoupe2t Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys,

I have been studying and reading towards the N+ exam, I have been doing it though through an online book vendor via a work provided website, So I can read the whole book etc online but I do not get the practice exams and flashcards etc that you would normally get with the hardback copy of a book.

With that in mind where is the best place to go and find some decent practice exams etc?

Cheaper the better but the quality of the practice exams has to be good so I know how close I actually am to being able to take on the real exam.

Cheers

J
You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can flow and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Transcender has practice exam questions and computer flash cards. (Not such a fan of the flash cards, but they can be a good tool.)

I used this software for A+, Net+, and on the 70-270 XP exam. It was great on A+ and Net+, but I questioned many of the correct answers for the 70-270. I ended up getting 1 question changed for sure and a second reviewed that I never heard the outcome of. I was actually quite upset at Transcender after this, but it did help me get a 940 so I guess I can't really complain.

The best feature of Transcender, is that feeback option. If you spot a mistake, or more likely you don't understand why something is right even after reading the rationale, you can email them. If they agree with you they can change the question, thus helping everyone, and ifyou are wrong you get a tailored explanation which can help you learn.

Price tag generally runs around $100 per test, but it varies. Not too bad for the good questions and the good customer service.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Labsim is a video learning tool with practice exams included. It was really good for the Net+ and Sec+. For the Sec+ a lot of people at WGU used just Labsim ,they skipped the book reading, and scored in the high 800's.
    For the Net+ the video training is excellent as they demonstrate making cables and even show a little bit about programming switches with VLAN's. It's a very big resource time wise as it covers so much info. The practice exams, I found, were worded in the same way a lot of Comptia test questions are worded also and there is a huge test question bank.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    Labsim is a video learning tool with practice exams included. It was really good for the Net+ and Sec+. For the Sec+ a lot of people at WGU used just Labsim ,they skipped the book reading, and scored in the high 800's.
    For the Net+ the video training is excellent as they demonstrate making cables and even show a little bit about programming switches with VLAN's. It's a very big resource time wise as it covers so much info. The practice exams, I found, were worded in the same way a lot of Comptia test questions are worded also and there is a huge test question bank.

Is Labsim included with WGU's tuition?
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    For the Net+ and Sec+ they are. They don't seem to have the new A+ yet for some reason.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • neocybeneocybe Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I like Transcender the most, the questions are relevent and follow up information is complete.

Preplogic is a close second but I found myself recognizing the questions and answers without even reading after a few rounds of practice.