Passed with 764/764 !!

baracusbaracus Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
I barely snuck by this one. But I felt quite confident while answering the questions?? Some of the questions were worded strangely and appeared to have multiple correct answers. I wish I could see the correct answers I answered wrong. I did not study a whole lot for it. I read through the tcat guide over the course of a couple months and used the Trancender practice exams along with the exams here. Transcender has very simialar look/feel exams, compared with the real thing, and quite simialar questions. A pass is a pass! Any recomendations on what to take next. I am thinking about Linux+.

Comments

• TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats with your pass!

As for what to do next. All I can say is that I wish I knew more about Unix and Linux as a whole. In my current job it is what we use almost exclusively as our servers OS and my boss is making me read 3 books on Unix/Linux namely: FreeBSD, Red Hat, and a book on Unix commands.

So, I would recommend the Linux+ route. :D
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Close but close enough, congratulations!
  • ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
    good job man! welcome to the security+ club. could i suggest the TruSecure TICSA if you are going for network security?
    Josh
    A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, TICSA, CCNA, MCSA, AS Network Engineering
  • baracusbaracus Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ja5983 wrote:
    good job man! welcome to the security+ club. could i suggest the TruSecure TICSA if you are going for network security?

Thanks. I will be graduating in May with a BS in Information Systems. I would like to get one or two more certs before I hit the job market (help the resume out a bit). I think the free OS will be much more popular in the future. I currently use Linux but do not know the ins and outs of it...yet.
  • TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    With this exam, a pass is a pass - congratulations :)
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats on the pass!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    WHEW!
    That was close. :D
    Congratulations.
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    congrats...
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congrats icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.