Options

passed 70-270 with a 740

chaoticjacketchaoticjacket Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well actually on the test its 73-270 but yeah passed it 2 days ago.
I took a course but it was more like learning at home. they gave me the book and the virtual machines and ofcourse MeasureUp Access to work with but other than that your on your own.

I knew someone else that actually hit it on the head 700 exactly. everyone else failed, now studying for their second shot. Im already studying for my 70-642 MCTS. 1/4 of the way in on the microsoft 6420A book.

Does Microsoft still give out MCP Welcome Kits?

Comments

• Options
    kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
    Congrats! I think you have to pay $10 for the welcome kit now. If I'm wrong, others here will correct me.
  • Options
    chaoticjacketchaoticjacket Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    like I wouldnt mind paying but every link i get to order the welcome kit just leads me to download the certificate
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    you can buy the certificate for I think $11 somewhere on the site.
    Congrats on the new cert
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats. You can either print the certificate for free on your printer. Or you can have them send you one for like $10. The $10 comes on thicker paper and probably has better ink quality than your home printer. Mostly you are paying for shipping and to pad Microsoft's pockets a little bit.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    poriggityporiggity Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I am struggling with 270 a little bit.. so I am trying to nail this down. I want to pass the first time, so I need to make sure I know everything.
    Scott
    A+, 70-270, and working on 70-290 now. Certs are good.
    claymoore wrote:
    If you're unzipping your fly to show off your A+, N+ and Sec+, I'm going to ask if it's cold in here.