Options

Your opinion of TSHOOT wanted!

Bert McGertBert McGert Member Posts: 122
Hey folks,

So I've got BCMSN (SWITCH) and BSCI (ROUTE) under my belt and am prepping for TSHOOT.

My test prep regimen is not one that cuts corners... but I'm just really curious to hear from people (that have already taken BOTH switching and router tests) about what they thought of the TSHOOT exam.

I'm going through the material and there's nothing I've come across yet that's new by any means. If anything it's been a concise review of everything from switch/route without all of the extra drawn-out explanations. That being said, I can't imagine TSHOOT being a hellish experience for those with a decent amount of real-world troubleshooting experience. Is that a fair assessment or is it that "TSHOOT exam ain't nuthin' to fcuk with"?

I appreciate your insight. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    I agree with your assessment. If a person legitimately prepares for the routing and switching exam, they should be very well setup to pass the TSHOOT exam. Like most candidates I would imagine, I spent countless hours labbing up the technologies which included a lot of troubleshooting when things didn't didn't work right. That coupled with on the job troubleshooting, I really didn't see anything on the exam that was too surprising.

I guess the most difficult part about the TSHOOT exam is that instead of being tested on individual technologies, you have to understand how they all work and interact with each other, just as you would in a production environment.

I took the beta (still don't have the friggin results) and if I would have brushed up on the switching technologies I would be more confident that I passed. But I think overall you will find this to be the easiest of the three exams if you prepared adequately for the other two.
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    I agree with your evaluation of the exam. As well as Ryan's response. I would say if you feel comfortable give it a shot. If you pass your CCNP and don't have to worry about ISCW and ONT. After July 31, it will be your only choice anyways. icon_cool.gif. The ONE positive side I can say for you, you'll get your results right away. Unlike anyone that took the beta, which has been beat around the bush for around a month now, waiting on Cisco to release the results. icon_lol.gif. But nothing you can do but whine, b****, and complain, like me right? LOL icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    NuulNuul Member Posts: 158
    I failed it miserably but not because I didn't know the material. My complaint was with the documentation; I burned up too much time trying to figure how things were put together. Since I was so far behind two questions into the exam, I had to make some hurried decisions to finish. I'll pass next time since I've seen the topology and actually lab'd it up.
  • Options
    Bert McGertBert McGert Member Posts: 122
    Right on... thanks guys!
  • Options
    BluetorchBluetorch Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    As long as you know the BSCI and BCMSN material well and are comfortable with all the related show commands and resulting output than you should be fine. For a cisco exam, its actually kind of fun once you get into it, at least thats what I thought.
    I agree with your evaluation of the exam. As well as Ryan's response. I would say if you feel comfortable give it a shot. If you pass your CCNP and don't have to worry about ISCW and ONT. After July 31, it will be your only choice anyways. icon_cool.gif. The ONE positive side I can say for you, you'll get your results right away. Unlike anyone that took the beta, which has been beat around the bush for around a month now, waiting on Cisco to release the results. icon_lol.gif. But nothing you can do but whine, b****, and complain, like me right? LOL icon_thumright.gif

Me too icon_lol.gif
    In Progress:
    BS - Information and Communication Technology
    CCIE Written