Options

Looking for advice or help.

Tato500Tato500 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I just immigrated here and had some experience with fixing hardware, software, setting up networks and satellites when I was in my home country.

I have a bachelor degree in accounting but it isn't recognized by US education system so that means I have to use my HS diploma as my only education in US, I'm attending WGU (BS IT Network design and management) have CIW Associates Cert, A+ Cert, and almost done with Network+ Cert.

So my question is can I easily get a job in the IT field or should I get more certs first? If so around how much could I start out making? I'm living right now in northeast MO small city, willing to relocate. where is the best place to start out?

Any advice is welcome.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Try to get helpdesk or try at a local pc shop.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Yeah, your best bet is to get a foot in the door somewhere like a small PC shop or HD. From there, building on experience will get you further.

Around my area, a small PC shop tech or HD tech would bring anywhere from $20k to $31k starting out.