Failed ICND2

2»

Comments

• DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    brianjames wrote: »
    Ugh..just missed it, got an 821. Mostly messed up on time, with 5 questions to go and 10 mins, turned out 2 of the 5 were a sim and case.

Didnt help the test center was a hole with loud road construction just outside the window.

Ah well, back to it next week!

Sorry to hear it man, you just missed it! Don't give up, always press on. Next time hit those questions hard, be bold, answere the question and move on. It's all about time management,

Good Luck!
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ugh..just missed it, got an 821. Mostly messed up on time, with 5 questions to go and 10 mins, turned out 2 of the 5 were a sim and case.

Didnt help the test center was a hole with loud road construction just outside the window.

Ah well, back to it next week!

Now you know what to expect and where your weaknesses are. You'll get it next time!
    raptoger wrote: »
    As promised, I retook the test again today and passed!!!!
    That means only one thing: I'm CCNA at last :D

Congrats!!!
    mulcahyd wrote: »
    icon_thumright.gif I passed ICND-2 everyone. I am now a CCNA today. After not being successful after 2 attempts at it. I am so relieved!

Some materials I used CBT Nuggets, ICND1 & 2 Cisco Press Books, CCNA Exam Cram Book. Free Router Simulator and labs as well. I studied pretty much every night for this exam.

Congrats to you as well!!!
  • raptogerraptoger Banned Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats to all who recently passed. For those who didn't, don't give away those points you earned by forgetting stuff. Retake quickly after mastering those rough questions
    - You guys took a mental note of those ones, right?
    And you ran to your car and wrote them down, and once home you made a plan to Ngage them, ha? you did not what? $125 not a big deal?
    icon_lol.gif
  • brianjamesbrianjames Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's all about time management,

Good Luck!

Thanks.

I've started taking a couple custom Boson exams everyday, excluded the case questions and set it to 10 questions in 15 mins. If I can get comfortable moving thru the standard multiple choice questions at that pace then it'd leave 15mins+ for case and sim questions.
  • tha_dubtha_dub Member Posts: 262
    Truth is "you either know it or don't." practice tests are for inspiration not for actually passing. My three rules are and will always be:

1. Don't take a practice test until you think you're ready for the real exam

2. You can only take the practice test once.

3. Don't attempt the real exam unless you pass a 90% or better on practice exam.

My opinion only!!

I don't know if I agree with the practice test only once theory. I understand what you mean as far as real world translation from practice test to real deal. After doing it once you will memorize answers. I usually do the full practice a couple weeks before the real deal then keep going over it until I get almost all right and understand why they are right. While you do have to understand the material to pass there is still quite a bit of memorization for commands etc to pass.
    2nd time's a charm, killed it with a 903 this time! Big improvement from the 821 last time, helped i went to a different testing center that didn't have blaring road construction noise.

Also made sure to move thru the questions i felt more confident about faster, leaving more time for the difficult ones to hem and haw over.

Over 6 months of self-study, all done! :D
  • SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    2nd time's a charm, killed it with a 903 this time! Big improvement from the 821 last time, helped i went to a different testing center that didn't have blaring road construction noise.

Also made sure to move thru the questions i felt more confident about faster, leaving more time for the difficult ones to hem and haw over.

Over 6 months of self-study, all done! :D

congratulations!!! icon_cheers.gif

what's next?
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
    2nd time's a charm, killed it with a 903 this time!

Congrats!! After you got a 821 the first time I knew you would get it. icon_thumright.gif
    Thanks!
    Selfmade wrote: »
    icon_cheers.gif

what's next?

Maybe the CCDA, but going to take a break for the World Cup :)
  • wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    tha_dub wrote: »
    I don't know if I agree with the practice test only once theory. I understand what you mean as far as real world translation from practice test to real deal. After doing it once you will memorize answers. I usually do the full practice a couple weeks before the real deal then keep going over it until I get almost all right and understand why they are right. While you do have to understand the material to pass there is still quite a bit of memorization for commands etc to pass.

I think taking a practise test a few times can be beneficial leading up to an exam. Not so much to get the answers correct (although obviously this is very important too), but it get you in a "testing" mindset. It teaches you to read the question thoroughly and really think about your answer before hitting "next".

Maybe not for everyone but I find it helps me get into exam mode.
    wbosher wrote: »
    I think taking a practise test a few times can be beneficial leading up to an exam. Not so much to get the answers correct (although obviously this is very important too), but it get you in a "testing" mindset. It teaches you to read the question thoroughly and really think about your answer before hitting "next".

I can agree with that.
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    wbosher wrote: »

Maybe not for everyone but I find it helps me get into exam mode.

I totally agree. I think that people should occasionally treat a practice exam like the real thing. This way it can try to mimic what they will be feeling come test day, and they will be better at coping with the new stresses.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • binargsbinargs Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i am currently studying for the icnd2 right now i would like to say that there is alot of stuff to memorize. i been working in the field for about 6 years (maybe mostly on the windows server stuff) but i found that 80% of the icnd2 stuff is new to me. and there are just so many things that requires memorization. i am due to take the test in about two weeks and i dont really have that much confidence right now. we will see what happens. just my 2 cents.
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    binargs wrote: »
    i am currently studying for the icnd2 right now i would like to say that there is alot of stuff to memorize. i been working in the field for about 6 years (maybe mostly on the windows server stuff) but i found that 80% of the icnd2 stuff is new to me. and there are just so many things that requires memorization. i am due to take the test in about two weeks and i dont really have that much confidence right now. we will see what happens. just my 2 cents.

Do you have a lab to practice on? Most of the memorization (of commands, configurations, etc) comes from repitition/practice. Good luck... icon_study.gif
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker