Just finished test

seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
Well id like to say thanks to the people who have helped me study the last 2 weeks and recommend the Technotes of this site.

I just finished the test an hour ago, passed with an 820. I had 4-5 questions concerning appletalk (which i didnt take the time to learn)
1. was about apple routing protocols
2. apple addressing how did it differ from ethernet
3. apple addressing what portion meant what
cant remember the other ones

there were probably 4 questions concerning common ports (all were listed in the port exam on this site)
the port questions were mostly scenario orientated
"You setup a router and now you cant send SMTP to the internet any more but your users can still surf the web, which port did you accidently block" etc

i had a question concerning the methods a firewall blocks or allows a packet (source ip, destination ip, port number)

the three functions a client performs in a client/ server

i only had 1 questions besides the appletalk questions that i really had no idea about.

it was something to the extent that you had to expand a dsl loop and what tool would you use.

Well i hope this info helps someone else study for the test....

also 2005 objectives become available May 1 so this material may not be relevent then

Comments

• Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • msrobinmsrobin Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congratulations, and thanks for the info. icon_lol.gif
  • princess4peaceprincess4peace Member Posts: 286
    great job and nice tips. Congrat :)
    Knowledge is life
  • Doomsday JDoomsday J Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Job!
    If you dont stand for something, you will fall for anything.
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    congrats..
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • katman96katman96 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • 2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congrats icon_thumright.gif
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • DarklyWiseDarklyWise Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Excellent... what's next?
    A being Darkly Wise and Rudely Great
  • determinedgermandeterminedgerman Member Posts: 168
    Congratulation !!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
    Im thinking that this summer im going for the Security+ and possibly the MCSA or CCNA. The network+ alone doesnt have the "job getting" power that id like to have. I will be graduating with a CIT (comp info tech) degree in 1 year, and id like to have a very respectible looking resume when it comes time to look for my first "real" job. Im looking into trying to specialize possibly in secuirty or wireless networking, also im looking into getting a linux certification in the next year or 2.

One question for the pros already out there

Linux+ or RHCE
    MCSA or CCNA

What will get you further and what looks better on a resume

Thanks