That the end of studying!

DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
Lilith Rainbow Street arived weighing 8.1lb last night. boy that was a tough 48 hours. I was hoping lilith would show an intrest in my lab, but so far all she wants is breast and sleep! I determing to turn her in to a real geekand wife wants her to be a farmer like her. we shall see who wins. But what ever, looks like studys are on hold for a while now. hope CBT nuggets and cert guide (v2) will be releasd in next few months so when i get back in to learning again proper, the materials will be fully mature for the new Tracks
  • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
  • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Congratulations dude! I guess we won't be seeing you for awhile. hahaha....

Don't be a stranger...

That is an AWESOME name......sounds legendary already.....
  • qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
    congrats....You can use your books for bed time stories, sure win to put her to sleep ;)
    If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
    you intend to get across, then it is not focused
    well enough.
    —Charles Osgood, TV commentator
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations my friend! Someday the studies have to halt for a bit and we need to attend to our families.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!! icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats Devilwah! Great to hear everything went fine.
    Fatherhood is great! Hope you'll be able to stop by occasionally tocheck in.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    oh i be around :) sure i be back to reading books and grabing 20 min here and there on my lab when i get the chance. but not planning any exams. cheers for all the messages. now of only she would sleep! !. and in her coat not demanding to be held... lol.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

It will probably take 2 years before she starts helping you study by rewiring your lab icon_lol.gif but in a few months you can probably start her on CBT Nuggets Videos.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    That is better than a cisco certification any day! Congrats!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    congrats
    icon_cheers.gif
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! Update your signature haha. icon_wink.gif
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    qplayed wrote: »
    congrats....You can use your books for bed time stories, sure win to put her to sleep ;)

Great advice. They don't know Cisco from Cinderella. icon_mrgreen.gif

Congrats!
  • trackittrackit Member Posts: 224
    wow now I know what it means for a baby to projectile vomit!!! she got that a good 5 foot across the sofa right on top of my laptop.. LOL

But apart from that she's doing great and I even had time to read a bit of cisco stuff. Going to book my Switch exam for some time in July, and hopefully ROUTE exam either in august or September.

Cheers for all the congratulations guys, its amazing being a dad, defiantly better than any cisco cert. But hopefully the certs will make sure I can look after her well as she grows up :)
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    so far all she wants is breast and sleep!

Hey we have the same interests! Congrats on the little one!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! You think right now is interesting, just wait for potty training.

Day before yesterday I was trying to study for the CWTS, when my son comes running into the room peeing everywhere. Ah, fun times!
  • sides14sides14 Member Posts: 113
    Congratulations. The hum of the rack put both my daughter and son right to sleep during the 3 AM time frame. It may seem like you are sacrificing your study time, but the days go fast and one day you will wonder how she grew up so fast.
  • errtimeerrtime Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey we have the same interests!!
    LOL, excellent! :D

p.s. My congratulations on the baby as well ;)
  • NuulNuul Member Posts: 158
    Cheers for all the congratulations guys, its amazing being a dad, defiantly better than any cisco cert. But hopefully the certs will make sure I can look after her well as she grows up :)

I know exactly how you feel. Fatherhood is great, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Now my main drive for getting my CCIE is being able to afford private school for my son when he's old enough. You really do cease living for yourself, it's an odd feeling at first.
    steve why wait for potty trainging. I have just been used as one... dam how can so much liquid come from one so small. lol
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats. Now is the time to get those CBTs playing while she naps. Might be able to obsorb the material quickly!

Fatherhood is awesome. You'll be surprised at how much such a little being can hold, and then remove with no warning, lol.

Grandparent is even better. You spoil them rotten, then send them home for the parents to deal with!!!
  • PickerPicker Member Posts: 46 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    wow now I know what it means for a baby to projectile vomit!!!

congrats buddy I still recall every moment of all my kids being born, its an amazing experience icon_smile.gif

oh and watch out for the fast exits at the other end, I recall one middle of the night session I got blasted all down my front as I was reaching over for a fresh nappy lol
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations man!

I wish you the best of luck with your new family. hope the missus is recovering well.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    Congrats :)
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • CyanicCyanic Member Posts: 289
    Congrats. Fatherhood is an awesome feeling and seems to change everything.
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats man, it is definitely a great thing, I wouldn't trade it for anything. icon_thumright.gif