Video based training?

seuss_ssuesseuss_ssues Member Posts: 629
Any have any experience with any of the CBT dvd based training?

I know someone online who was going to give me a pretty good deal on a 32 hour set of dvds covering the security+ info. I was just wondering if it seemed easier or harder learning from a video when it comes to technical info.

Comments

• ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
    i used the DVD CBT Nuggets to prepare for my security+. its not very helpful for actually learning the info you need, as its kinda dummied down, HOWEVER,that said, it is EXCELLENT in helping you figure out topics that you dont understand in a very easy way...

all in all...CBT nuggets were great but definately not for an only or even main study source in my opinion.
    Josh
    A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, TICSA, CCNA, MCSA, AS Network Engineering
  • determinedgermandeterminedgerman Member Posts: 168
    There are a lot of different CBT's out there and you shouldn't just go for the ones that are the cheapest. Some of them were poorly made.
    For example the TestOut series is somewhat ok to study with. Or just buy the book from Syngress and you get the book, a dvd and free practive exams online.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    There are a lot of different CBT's out there and you shouldn't just go for the ones that are the cheapest. Some of them were poorly made.

There is more than one CBT? Thought we had THE CBT link on our site ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    I actually liked the CBT Nuggets and Learnkey dvds, apart from a testout one I had for Security+.....the man was so nervous I thought he was going to break down and cry!!...lol.. icon_cool.gif

http://spaces.msn.com/members/hturtlegirl73/
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!