Please critique my resume. New graduate.

computer800computer800 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I am a recent graduate with little work experience.

Please feel free to critique my resume. I edited some of the info. Advice and suggestions are welcome.

http://www.angelfire.com/creep/wilson88/my_resume.pdf

Thank you

Comments

• GamingCrazyGamingCrazy Member Posts: 113
    Hi, I am a recent graduate with little work experience.

Please feel free to critique my resume. I edited some of the info. Advice and suggestions are welcome.

http://www.angelfire.com/creep/wilson88/my_resume.pdf

Thank you

I would change summary of skills to accomplishments, I could be wrong I took a resume course a while ago and was instructed to defer from using that.

Everything else is good, length is relatively short and could be improved by lengthening it to two pages. Possibly including certifications held, activities, and GPA if it is on par.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    invigilated? HR may bump your resume into trash while reaching for dictionary. Proctored would work better. Just my opinion.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • computer800computer800 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would change summary of skills to accomplishments, I could be wrong I took a resume course a while ago and was instructed to defer from using that.

Everything else is good, length is relatively short and could be improved by lengthening it to two pages. Possibly including certifications held, activities, and GPA if it is on par.

Thanks for the advice. I will look into changing "summary of skills" to accomplishments". My resume was initially 1.5 pages but I removed the volunteer work (tutor) section because it is unrelated to the jobs I apply for and it was done very long ago in 2003. I didn't really join activities or any computer clubs. Except I might be able to include a few important school projects I worked on.
    earweed wrote: »
    invigilated? HR may bump your resume into trash while reaching for dictionary. Proctored would work better. Just my opinion.

Great catch and good advice. I kept the job posting when I got hired. I was editing my resume the other day and went back to the job posting to find out my key responsibilities. I actually took that word off the job posting icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the help.
    I removed my resume for now.