Options

Quality Assuarance Jobs??`

Kirk_TWCKirk_TWC Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was just wondering what type of education and experience is needed with this kind of position. I have not found an opening for this position for new graduates in IT or Engineering. Each job requires around 5+ years of QA experience...so where do you get the experience from exactly?

Just wondering, I've always been interested in this position, they pay is great, its normally anywhere from 60k-90k depending on the company
--Future Plans--
Tech Skills - 7/5/2010 - 2/2011
A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA (7 Month Course)

Tech Skills - 3/2011-5/2011
CCENT & CCNA

Employer Financed:cheers:

Comments

• Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Just like most positions that require that much pay, people have to start from the bottom with a company that has a QA department and work their way into it.
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    there are entry level QA positions out there...I went on interviews for a few when i was a new graduate 6 years ago. It all depends on where you live & the companies you're lookin @. Plus the fact that alot of kids have already been looking for jobs since January in anticipation of their graduation, alot of spots may have already been filled too.
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sad to say a lot of these jobs are filled by people who worked in QA while going to school. Most of these people started at bottom and worked their way into it.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    Kirk_TWCKirk_TWC Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    OK that sounds about right and I know how to spell assurance but I type too fast for my own good sometimesicon_lol.gif

I'm a new IT graduate and I'm trying to locate a position similar to this but I've had no luck with finding this type of position. I did land a Tech Support II job with Time Warner Cable here in NC but I dont start till mid June. Like all smart graduates I am still continuing my job search and would really like to transition into QA in the future.
    --Future Plans--
    Tech Skills - 7/5/2010 - 2/2011
    A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA (7 Month Course)

Tech Skills - 3/2011-5/2011
    CCENT & CCNA

Employer Financed:cheers:
  • Options
    jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    Maybe the companies I've worked for are the exception, but I've never actually met a QA person who intended to get into QA. Most everyone I know was either a developer between projects, an intern who got pulled into testing or a SME (Subject Matter Expert) who got tasked with testing.