Need advice on this upcoming interview

Murder after MidnightMurder after Midnight Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have a bachelor of science in electrical engineering technology

here's the job description:

Field EngineerJob Number:

Description

is looking for field engineers to provide highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems. This role will be responsible for checking out and approving operational quality of system equipment. You will be involved in instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of the system, as well as the company liaison with the customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. This will allow you to interpret customer's needs and clarify if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support reps, or engineers. This job may include any aspect of field support, and is not limited to system hardware and software, PCs, and networking/wireless networking.

Duties & Responsibilities
1. Installation planning and field troubleshooting of RF system components.
2. Consult with customer or supervisor to plan layout of equipment.
3. Provide on-site technical assistance to investigate, troubleshoot and repair equipment.
4. Inspect malfunctioning or damaged product to determine nature and scope of problem.
5. Analyze data and inspection findings to recommend repair, replacement or other corrective action.
6. Expedite repairs.
7. Develop and conduct training on the installation and safe operations of the equipment to both internal and external customers.
8. Recommend modifications to eliminate future problems.
9. Develop service handbooks and bulletins based on field investigations, engineering changes and overall knowledge of product.
10. Provide a communication link between the customer and the company to ensure effective service is provided.

Qualifications

This position requires 0-1 years of previous related professional experience
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
Driver's license
1 - 10%

The interview is not until 10 days from now.

What are some things you would recommend i start studying and looking into to prepare?

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The good thing is you have the interview, so they must think you meet the requirements. I saw brush up on the things listed as well as learn a little bit about the company. If you can, try to find out some facts about the job at hand. Do you know anyone who works there?
  • Bert McGertBert McGert Member Posts: 122
    What are some things you would recommend i start studying and looking into to prepare?

Don't whip it out.
  • Murder after MidnightMurder after Midnight Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    The good thing is you have the interview, so they must think you meet the requirements. I saw brush up on the things listed as well as learn a little bit about the company. If you can, try to find out some facts about the job at hand. Do you know anyone who works there?

Thanks, anybody else?
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Don't whip it out.

No reason to be shy. ;)

Anyway, learn a bit about the company as said before and make sure you know how to do everything the job description describes. If you don't know how, make sure you can prove your ability to figure it out.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    1) Learn some things about Company
    2) Relax
    3) Be Yourself
    4) Be honest about your abilities, if you don't know something they ask admit it and say you would look it up.
    5) Good Luck
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    And when they ask if you have any questions, show some interest and ask some questions. Just don't ask "So what does this place do exactly?" icon_mrgreen.gif
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can not stress this enough. Find out about the company and ask questions in the interview exactly about your position and the company. Remember you are interviewing them as well to see if they are going to be a match for you. I usually will put a list of questions together that I would like to know about the company and the position.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    It's been 10 days. How did this go?