After the A+

timespacetimespace Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well summer's coming up so I'll have plenty of time to study for my A+ but I was wondering, what do you guys think I should get after the A+? Should I get a network+ or a security+ or both or something else? I'm 16 right now and about to finish sophomore year of high school and I want a head start in the IT industry.

Comments

• rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    First off, I applaud your undertaking of IT at such an early age!

I would say go for Net+ and then Sec+ because the certifications are no longer lifetime certs after 2011 (January) and these certs will help you get a baseline in terms of networking.

The next step would also be determined by what direction you want to take in IT: network security, IT sales, management, etc.
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    First off, I applaud your undertaking of IT at such an early age!

I would say go for Net+ and then Sec+ because the certifications are no longer lifetime certs after 2011 (January) and these certs will help you get a baseline in terms of networking.

The next step would also be determined by what direction you want to take in IT: network security, IT sales, management, etc.

I agree, and I wish I had started that early.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■

I completely agree...
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□

Me too. Now I have to hurry and get certs. Anyways, do you have a job working with computers? If you don't, maybe try to volunteer somewhere. So you can get experience and the certifications at the same time.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****