Just Passed 70-432!

GagHalfruntGagHalfrunt Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've just passed my 70-432 with a 920 Score which I'm chuffed with. I was even more surprised by that because I had a guess a number of questions although I could normally eliminate a few answers.

I found the wording of some of the questions a little difficult as to what they are asking but overall I found this easier than the 70-431 (SQL2005) exam that I took a few years ago. There were a few questions though that I swear were not in the book!

I now have the 70-450 booked in 3 weeks so no time to chill!

Comments

• coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats mate! I just did the same, passed 70-432 earlier this month and then passed 70-450 yesterday. I found 70-450 hell of a lot easier compared to 70-432, I think that is largely because of the material overlap. While going through the material for 70-450 I realized that most of it had already been covered in 70-432 then why again?

Let me know what you think.

Mine next one is CCSP, hope to get started on it soon.

Good luck for 70-450.
  • GagHalfruntGagHalfrunt Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cheers and congrats back at you!

That's strange - you'd think the 70-450 exam would be harder being a Pro exam. Mind you I found I similar thing with the Windows Server exams - I found the Enterprise Admin the easiest exam of the bunch!

So far I'm seeing a lot of material overlap - I've heard that the 70-450 is more "design" orientated, knowing where to use things rather than actually how to do them. Does that sound fair?
    I've heard that the 70-450 is more "design" orientated, knowing where to use things rather than actually how to do them. Does that sound fair?

I would agree with that, it is indeed at a higher level, the management kind of sutff, if you know what I mean. But, I felt that they covered quite a bit of "design" material in 70-432 as well. It might actually just be the material I used for preparation. I always use CBT nuggets as my prime source of study and then the books as complimentary. The instructor for 70-432 covered a great deal of material and probably sometimes went out of his way to explain things. So while I was going through the videos for 70-450, I felt that a lot of the stuff was being repeated by a different instructor, but it is always useful to have a revision.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass, nice score.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! Seems everyone is taking their exams but me... I am just going to have to put away the money as it's just taking too long. All I need is the upgrade.
    Congrats! Seems everyone is taking their exams but me... I am just going to have to put away the money as it's just taking too long. All I need is the upgrade.

Cheers. All I can say if you've already passed DBA2005 then you should find this one a breeze if my experience with the 70-431 vs 70-432 exams is anything to go by!

Now I don't know how much of that is genuine ease or my improved experience since then. When I took 70-431 the majority of my actual experience was with SQL2000, and 2005 is a massive jump. 2008 however seems more of a .1 release by comparison and I've been using 2005 a lot more.
    When I took 70-431 the majority of my actual experience was with SQL2000, and 2005 is a massive jump. 2008 however seems more of a .1 release by comparison and I've been using 2005 a lot more.

I would agree with that since I have used 2005 at work and this is pretty much that is in place since I really doubt very many organizations have upgraded to 2008. I used the 2008 180 trial edition and it didn't seem too different compared to 2005. There are some differences from a functionality point of view which are made clear in the CBTs or books, it is more or less the same from a DBAs point of view I think.
    I have now just passed 70-450 with a 770, a little disappointed in my score although a Pass is a Pass so why should I care? I suppose as I'd been getting 800+ scores plus for 2 years it's a bit of a comedown!

Note I found this exam a lot harder than what I'd expected after reading/watching things. Some stuff I don't even remember being detailed anywhere.

Thanks everyone for your support!
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good job! Don't forget about us now that you've passed...
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • tenroutenrou Member Posts: 108
    I found the 70-450 to be much harder because it required knowledge of large scale implimentations that I wasn't used to and was a lot more theoretical. I've never really dealt with more than a handful of SQL servers at one time so the technical questions of the 70-432 suited me much more.
    Thanks all!

That's the strangest thing - I'm more used to larger scale implementations, e.g. I very rarely use a server that's not a cluster. Unfortunately though the majority of the stuff I look after is SQL2000 with a bit of SQL2005.

For example I didn't know I needed to know so much about CLR integration. I don't recall reading that anywhere.
  • Young GrasshopperYoung Grasshopper Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    what study material are you guys using? im planning on using the trainsignal video, as well as some reading material but am not sure about what to get. what the reviews ive read the ms press book is full of errors/inaccuracies so i dont know...

thanks