Taking the 272 today, wish me luck!

Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
Taking the 272 today at around 3:00 PM. Here's to hoping I don't blow it after all the prep I've put into it.
-Michael Palmer
WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck! I'm sure you'll do OK
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Best of luck!
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys, just got out of there about 15 minutes ago. Scored lower than I thought I would going in but I still passed with an 838. My score on the 271 was a 916 so it's a big down but a pass is a pass.

The test was actually tougher than I thought it would be. My strong points coming into the IT field were troubleshooting applications and well... yeah, was definitely harder than I thought.

My studying material coming in (and btw I only studied for a week, tested for 271 a week ago today) was some in class on Tuesday and Thursday including a powerpoint and lab work to troubleshoot actual cases on our laptops. While doing that I used the online Microsoft IT Academy test prep for the 272 (this is kinda like the Test Prepare Kits that Microsoft puts out if you want to compare it to something). Then once I was done with that I took about 393 practice test questions that the school has available for those of us testing, did that from Friday through this morning. So yeah, a lot of prep and I'm glad I had it because there's no telling where I would have scored without it.
    -Michael Palmer
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new cert. What's next?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Up next is MCTS: Windows 7 (680), gonna start studying for that in the next day or two. Should test for that in about four weeks.
    -Michael Palmer
  • raptor63raptor63 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats icon_profileright.gif
    Currently studying 07-271 :D
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63