Mr. A+ <-- I'm Certified!

rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
Today I passed the JK0-702 with a high score! I had a little bit of a "swagger boost" as it were walking out of the test center haha. Thank you all for your support.

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the good score. What's next?
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    CCENT in two weeks then Net+ and Sec+ to round out summer. I might try to squeeze in the CCNA in August but who knows :)
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    CCENT in two weeks then Net+ and Sec+ to round out summer. I might try to squeeze in the CCNA in August but who knows :)

I think you may be underestimating the information in the CCENT and CCNA, unless you have already start studying. I'm not sure I have met anyone who has passed the CCENT in less than a month. Not to say it isn't possible if you commit to it full time, but does two weeks of studying mean you understand the material or just know enough to pass a test?

Best of luck regardless, and congrats on your A+!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Yea. It seems sketchy when I write it like that. I took Cisco Networking Academy classes this spring semester (Intro to Cisco Networking and Cisco Networking 2). They covered up to basic OSPF configurations. I studied Nuggets, Trainsignal and looked at the Odom book back when I got laid off in September lol. I think I'll be fine CCENT wise but I'll definitely put in some extra work for the CCNA. icon_wink.gif
    Yea. It seems sketchy when I write it like that. I took Cisco Networking Academy classes this spring semester (Intro to Cisco Networking and Cisco Networking 2). They covered up to basic OSPF configurations. I studied Nuggets, Trainsignal and looked at the Odom book back when I got laid off in September lol. I think I'll be fine CCENT wise but I'll definitely put in some extra work for the CCNA. icon_wink.gif

Oh alright, yeah a few weeks of brushing up and you should be good to go for ccent =)
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Also so you know, after I passed my CCENT, the Network+ seemed like a cakewalk. I suggest taking them pretty close to the same time.
    Currently Pursuing
    mikej412 wrote:
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!! Good luck with Cisco and your other certs.