A+ exam 220-701 26 May 2009

JinverarJinverar Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
I will be taking the 220-701 exam Wednesday 26 May, 2010. Currently I am a CSA of multiple servers. In the past I did have a two week course in A+ and N+. I am using the CBT nuggets videos 601, 602, 603 versions and the newer 2009 Staff Kit. The 2009 Essentials Staff kit has a lot of information to cover and many practice exams. If all goes well I am writing the Practical Application (220-702) on Saturday 28 May 2010.

1. Does anyone know how many questions the exam is?

2. Any tips for the test?

Crossing my fingers.
Jinverar, TSS

Comments

• rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The exam is 100 questions. Make sure to check out:
    CompTIA A+

Download the objectives. It definitely helped me out in terms of organizing the study material in my head for the exams.

On game day, stay focused and take it slow. One word in a question can completely throw your answer off.

Chmorin's post was very helpful as well:
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-ccent/54404-test-taking-tips.html
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good Luck dude!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • JinverarJinverar Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Today I passed the A+ essentials. Thank you for the tips rogue2shadow. Next is the Practical exam. I have not prepared for this much. I am partway done the Staff Kit exams for the 2009 practical application. The quiz questions seem to be easier than the essentials. I only have about 24 hours to prepare due to a hectic end of a week. Hope everything goes good on Saturday

1 During the essentials exam I noticed many questions from Vista that were difficult due to lack of experience using Vista. Is there something easy to review or refresh in regards to Vista operating system utilities and troubles?
    Jinverar, TSS
  • Legacy UserLegacy User Unregistered / Not Logged In Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats and good luck on the practical, you'll do fine.
    Wish I could offer advice on Vista but I don't know of any last minute things, you could look on Preplogic and get one of those free 15 minute guides on Vista configuring (70-620)
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Jinverar wrote: »
    Today I passed the A+ essentials. Thank you for the tips rogue2shadow. Next is the Practical exam. I have not prepared for this much. I am partway done the Staff Kit exams for the 2009 practical application. The quiz questions seem to be easier than the essentials. I only have about 24 hours to prepare due to a hectic end of a week. Hope everything goes good on Saturday

1 During the essentials exam I noticed many questions from Vista that were difficult due to lack of experience using Vista. Is there something easy to review or refresh in regards to Vista operating system utilities and troubles?

Congrats on the Essentials! I'm glad I could help out. My advice for the Vista questions, at least what worked for me, was to take my old copy of Ultimate and load it up on VMware and go through the Jean Andrews 2009 books I got (A+ Guide to Software/Hardware) and during the sections about how to find something in XP, I would try to find it in Vista and then check my process on the next page (which would usually be the book would show it; first in XP, then Vista).

If you do not have access to Vista right now, the easiest way to find out how to get somewhere, i.e. Users folder or Printers, is to go to Microsoft.com and search it in the knowledge base. I think the objectives only want you to know specific routes.
  • JinverarJinverar Member Posts: 95 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello Group

I passed my a+ cert. I used the Staff Kit program and it worked. I found the practical exam more challenging however I mostly winged it. Thank you to all and hope to communicate with everyone in the future.
    Jinverar, TSS