ITIL Certification Version?

dorawedorawe Member Posts: 106
Everyone,
I took an ITIL course back in 2005, and the certificate indicates "Foundation Certification in IT-Service Management", but there is nothing specifying an ITIL version. When I took this class, it was mandatory for all in IT, but I didn't know that ITIL was a good cert to get. My question is, should their be a version number on the certificate? The class and exam was given by Exin, an accedited ITIL training provider.
Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Version 2 Foundation certifications, at least those granted by Exin, did not have the version number on the certificate. If you earned it in 2005 then yours was version 2.

MS
  • dorawedorawe Member Posts: 106
    Is it worth inluding the v2 on a resume?
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    dorawe wrote: »
    Is it worth inluding the v2 on a resume?

I don't think it hurts. The v2 exams are in the process of being retired, and even the v2 books will be withdrawn in 2011. I also think you could put all of this to bed by grabbing the v3 foundation cert.

However, ITIL versioning is not like software versioning. Just because there is a v3 that is very popular, doesn't mean that there aren't some employers out there that consider the v2 stuff important.

I'd also point out that I continue to list my ITIL v2 Service Manager certification, as this was much more difficult to achieve than any of the new v3 stuff, and it shows that I'm not new to the world of ITIL.

MS
  • dorawedorawe Member Posts: 106
    Thanks for the info!