Passed 70-298!

wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Just to let you know that i passed the 70-298 exam yesterday, so i am now an MCSE!

Its taken me 3 years to get to this point (And lets face it, you cant stop once the cap has opened)

A big thanks to those here for helping me out over the years, and for some (Sometimes crazy) enthusiasm.

I've decided to go and get the 70-351 exam so i get my MCSE:S then ill probably start working on the CCNA over the summer and then do the MCITP:EA track by the end of the year.

All in all? You havn't gotten rid of me yet!
~ wedge1988 ~ IdioT Certified~
MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese

Comments

• mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have been waiting for this post! Congrats Wedge!! Excellent achievement!
    I presume drunken_smilie.gif this weekend :D

Well done buddy
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats, dude!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
    Congrats on your MCSE! you will find 351 a breeze after all your hard work!
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You'll probably find the MCITP a breeze, all you've gotta do is study the new technology.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Wedge!

I have 70-294 exam coming up and then onto 70-298. Once completed I have tried to decide on whether to upgrade and get the MCITP EA or get a CCNA then come back to the MCITP!!

If anybody has done an MCSE route and not touched any of the Cisco certs you will know what I mean when I say "I can't help feeling that doing a CCNA will really help slot the pieces of the puzzle together, to give me a bigger picture of I.T. infrastructure". You end up feeling a little bit in the dark when you do so much server related study and not much networking.

I know the MCSE has networking involved, but I mean router config, and that kind of stuff.

However on the other hand, once I have finished the MCSE +S route, as I already have the client exams under my belt, I was thinking, why not go straight for 70-649 and 70-647 to get the MCITP EA.

In terms of what I need for my job, I feel like I should have had both yesterday!

Anyway, again congrats Wedge! No doubt more of the good stuff to come by the sounds of your future certs, you listed!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats wedge!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well done sir :)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Omedetou gozaimasu ;)
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job, congrats
  • wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks all, i appreciate it :D
    I have been waiting for this post! Congrats Wedge!! Excellent achievement!
    I presume drunken_smilie.gif this weekend icon_biggrin.gif

Well done buddy

Hell yeh, ill be adding a few pounds i think.. But ill run it off i swear icon_redface.gif
    Congrats on your MCSE! you will find 351 a breeze after all your hard work!

Yeh, I've been workin with ISA for a while now so all i really need to do is brush up on the Enterprise edition side, like CARP and clustering etc.
    If anybody has done an MCSE route and not touched any of the Cisco certs you will know what I mean when I say "I can't help feeling that doing a CCNA will really help slot the pieces of the puzzle together, to give me a bigger picture of I.T. infrastructure". You end up feeling a little bit in the dark when you do so much server related study and not much networking.

I feel it, you're not alone. I also believe that having something like the CCNA will benefit more than an MCITP:EA because it's digressing from microsoft. (What i mean is, you're broadening your skills) If you have an MCSE, im sure most people would be confident in you to perform server tasks, otherwise what the hell i have i been doing for the last 3 years?! lol.
    Omedetou gozaimasu icon_wink.gif

Doumo Arigatou Gozaimasu! (どうも ありがとうございます。)

icon_cheers.gif
    MCSE:2003 ~ MCITP:EA ~ CCNP:R&S ~ CCNA:R&S ~ CCNA:Voice ~ Office 2000 MASTER ~ A+ ~ N+ ~ C&G:IT Diploma ~ Ofqual Entry Japanese
    I forgot to ask earlier; Out of sheer curiosity, what did you use for study material?
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• wedge1988wedge1988 Member Posts: 434 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the 70-299 book, along with transcender and some rough notes i made. (I wont be uploading them cause thyre not very good)

Don't get me wrong, the technical stuff isnt easy, but by this time i already knew 99% of it. If i were you i would concentrate on the style of the exam and learn to pick out the information you need because thats the hardest part of this exam.
    wedge1988 wrote: »
    I used the 70-299 book, along with transcender and some rough notes i made. (I wont be uploading them cause thyre not very good)

Don't get me wrong, the technical stuff isnt easy, but by this time i already knew 99% of it. If i were you i would concentrate on the style of the exam and learn to pick out the information you need because thats the hardest part of this exam.

I chuckle because that's exactly what I am doing. Just glad to see that this method yields positive results for yet another person!