CLSC - many years ago
BSCI-801 - now expired, but used for CCIP
BGP+MPLS - CCIP
QOS - CCIP
BCMSN
ONT
ISCW
ROUTE-902

I used the Wendell Odom ROUTE-902 book, which I found good, except for the usual typo's & lack of errata. I started studying for this exam four weeks ago, after I passed ISCW, so it must have done a reasonable job of teaching me the syllabus. the typo's in the Boson test that came with the book were horrific!

~andy
JNCIS-ENT - :study:

Comments

• Options
    notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    Congrats!! I'm seeing a lot of new CCNP's who are trying to beat the expiration, so good job.

So what now?
  • Options
    peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!! icon_cheers.gif
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • Options
    andyh123andyh123 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! I'm seeing a lot of new CCNP's who are trying to beat the expiration, so good job.

So what now?

thanks :) I was racing against the expiry of my BCMSN on 18th june as much as the exams' expiry

I'm going to take the summer off & then start on the Juniper JNCIA-M/JNCIS-M in the autumn. I have a couple of olives sat in my lab at home ready. much as I would love to do CCIE, I just don't think I have enough room in my brain to deal with that, on top of all the other vendors' stuff that I have to deal with at work!

~andy
  • Options
    btowntechbtowntech Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    BS - Information Technology; AAS - Electro-Mechanical Engineering
  • Options
    BluetorchBluetorch Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on finishing up the CCNP

Juniper stuff sounds fun to learn, I've looked into some of their Fast Track stuff before but havne't had the time to commit to it yet. Good luck on that path though icon_thumright.gif
    In Progress:
    BS - Information and Communication Technology
    CCIE Written
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! your past experience of passing the BSCI must have helped, 4 weeks is pretty fast, but it was probably all review for you. Was their much of a difference between bsci and route? i cant assume anything has changed since bsci came out.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    they should add a new smiley, one that has a face holding up a sign that says Victory

it should be posted every time someone passes an exam or gains their certifications!

congratulations man!!
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the exam pass icon_cheers.gif and CCNP drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    andyh123andyh123 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    chrisone wrote: »
    Congrats! your past experience of passing the BSCI must have helped, 4 weeks is pretty fast, but it was probably all review for you. Was their much of a difference between bsci and route? i cant assume anything has changed since bsci came out.

of all the CCNP exams, this was the one I liked the best, just pure protocols & cli. I found some of the others with SDM & enterprise-centric stuff pretty irritating, but then I've done SP networks my entire networking career & that's where my focus & skills are

I did BSCI-801 3.5 years ago & there seem to have been a few topics that have come and/or gone in the exam iterations since then - m'cast & isis being the most obvious. the changes basically mirror the syllabus topic changes, but obviously the core skills are much the same - OSPF, EIGRP & BGP - & if you nail them, then you've broken the back of it. having recently done ISCW covered off the broadband & IPSec stuff off nicely too

I don't do a lot of layer-3 day-to-day, mostly EoMPLS, layer-2 & optical stuff lately, so it was nice to get my hand back in on IP & evidently I haven't forgotten it all ;)

~andy