CCNP TSHOOT Exam

auosauos Member Posts: 186
Hi,
Did the (CCNP TSHOOT 642-832 Official Certification Guide) enough for TSHOOT exam.

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I cannot answer the question directly because I've never taken the exam or read the book... but I'm a firm believer that one source of study material is usually not going to be enough for exams. Especially an exam of this caliber. If you have an extensive background in troubleshooting... then maybe, but I would definitely suggest getting as many sources of information as possible. HTH.

-Peanut
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • notgoing2failnotgoing2fail Member Posts: 1,138
    I cannot answer the question directly because I've never taken the exam or read the book... but I'm a firm believer that one source of study material is usually not going to be enough for exams. Especially an exam of this caliber. If you have an extensive background in troubleshooting... then maybe, but I would definitely suggest getting as many sources of information as possible. HTH.

-Peanut

Agreed.

I don't beleive one source for any exam is enough. Unless you already have many many years experience, but that doesn't guarantee you pass the test of fundamentals!
  • NuulNuul Member Posts: 158
    auos wrote: »
    Hi,
    Did the (CCNP TSHOOT 642-832 Official Certification Guide) enough for TSHOOT exam.

I thought it was bordering on useless to be honest. They really beat to death the debug commands. While those are excellent for real life, they aren't available in the test.
  • BluetorchBluetorch Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nuul wrote: »
    I thought it was bordering on useless to be honest. They really beat to death the debug commands. While those are excellent for real life, they aren't available in the test.

I agree with Nuul. The book was a good read but pretty much useless for the exam. Just brush up on BSCI/Route and BCMSN/Switch material before taking the test.
    In Progress:
    BS - Information and Communication Technology
    CCIE Written