What now?

yakir_gyakir_g Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I passed both exams 70-271 and 70-272.
Now I am little stuck with the decision of what to choose next and wondered if you can help me by advising, with information or links about the different certifications.
I had in my mind to do the A+ now, but is it necessary over something else I could study? I have also thought about MCSE..

I know it is a little general question, but every piece of information will help.

Thanks.

Comments

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What is your current job role and what job role would you like to have in the next 5 years?
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What is your current job role and what job role would you like to have in the next 5 years?
    +1 Also what do they currently use where you work?
    If you are already in a desktop support position then you may want to work on whatever systems you support at work.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Do what makes you happy. Maybe you want to be a system admin, so use the MCDST as your elective and take the 270,290,291 for MSCA, and can upgrade that to MCSE. Or maybe, you like Desktop support, so upgrade to vista and windows 7 operating systems. Or maybe its time to scoop up CompTIA A+, Net+, or Sec+ while they are still good for life.

The possibilities are endless, and it really depends on where you want to go. If you don't know yet, then the A+ you mentioned seems like a good place to start.
    Decide what to be and go be it.