computer hacking or security movies

pretorian2kpretorian2k Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
how many hacking movies can you all name ?

we all no

hackers
darly
wargames
number 5
electric dreams
virus
swordfish
the core
matrix
johnny memnemoic
xxx
freedom down time

who has seen or has a copy of the old direct access movie

use to be one of those old movies they tryed to scare the students with that hacker hacking was bad type flicks . school ethics now thats scarry

Comments

• awaisyboyawaisyboy Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    not a movie..but smallville (chloe sullivan) regularly 'hacks' into most computer systems icon_wink.gif
  • TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    HACKERS
    MATRIX
    WAR GAMES
    CYPHER
    FREEDOM DOWN TIME
    JOHNNY MENOMIC
    SWORDFISH

Freedom downtime being my fav and hackers a close second. Although looking back at 'hackers' now...they make it look so easy!!

icon_cool.gif

http://spaces.msn.com/members/hturtlegirl73/
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    "Sneakers"
    "Matrix: Reloaded"
    "Matrix: Revolutions"
    "Conspiracy Theory" - sort of, or not ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Not really hacker movies, but some hacking is going on in:

Enemy of the State

The Italian Job (fun with traffic lights)

Independence Day (Jeff Goldblum hacking into alien.gif system to deploy virus)
    superman 3 - how can i forget that!

err oceans 11 and 12!
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How about the TV Show '24'.

They all seem to know how to hack into anything icon_lol.gif
    if you haven't seen 24 then you don't know Jack.

I love 24...fav tv show, but he never gets killed!!!!!!!!!(has mild heart attack, but still survives physical torture.)

The people in the background seem to be able to hack into anything. I so want their jobs..lol..

I forgot about 'sneakers'..that was great.

Hackers was good in its time, but not sure if I would like to be banned from using a pc, cell phone etc..for x amount of years!!!

24 - yes... hack into everything even with encryption systems which may take days to crack in mins... lol!
    series 4 ..jack bauer - episode where figures out there is epm bomb running via computer terminal and then he goes to the lab and is able to shut down the system(shield door closing) and able to limit the effects of the bomb - how did he know how to use the system in the lab! The manis a freeking field agent!
    I agree...Jack seems to do his job beyond the call of duty. He always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm up to date with each episode..but I would like to know where he trained???....hes supose to be just a field agent...not superman!!

Tony coming back surprised me...he seemed to be reinstated really quickly back to CTU....even though he had been done for treason by the government!!...........and look who's boss of CTU now............he's ex girlfriend.

go figure!!! icon_eek.gif

• GhentGhent Member Posts: 310
    "Revolution OS" - Brings us the story of the Linux movements.
    "Takedown" - The ultimate piece of anti-hacker propaganda garbage, the supposedly accurate story of Kevin Mitnik.
    "Pirates Of Silicon Valley" - Not really about hacking, but it does cover Woz's Blue Box daze in the late 60's early 70's.
    "Sneakers"
    "Mission Impossible" - Not very good, but it's plot is pretty dependent on hacking.
    "The Net" - Sandra Bullock, nuff said, but still about hacking.
    "Office Space" - Stealing pennies via a computer is still hacking.
    "Explorers" - I'm getting a little distant here, but young River Phoenix's hardware hacking skills took them to space.
    Prais'd be the fathomless universe, for life and joy, and for objects and knowledge curious.' Whalt Whitman