TSHOOT passed, CCNP get!

TenisuBakaTenisuBaka Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

Passed TSHOOT today and it took just over an hour! What a cool test, though you better be very solidly grounded in the fundamentals of how to config all the technologies. Like someone else said, the books are worthless, not worth any money nor the time to read them. If you pass the test, it will absolutely have nothing to do with the ciscopress material for this exam.

Anyway, I am really happy abou this one. Normally I just expect to pass and don't think much of it because I just study until I feel ready, then schedule and go. But this time, I hadn't touched this stuff for nearly 3 years, don't work with cisco equipment at work, and only had 8 weeks to prepare as I didn't start studying until the self study guide was available and the validity of my BSCI pass was due to expire June 12 (which like a dork, I didn't realize until it was nearly too late). So having to review and relearn everything, plus this test just covers so much different material, anyway I just feel great about this one because of the situation as I described. I can relax this evening for the first time in 2 months!!

Comments

• peanutnogginpeanutnoggin Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!! drunken_smilie.gifdrunken_smilie.gif

Time to celebrate!!!
    We cannot have a superior democracy with an inferior education system!

-Mayor Cory Booker
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! Shine GET! Be sure to update your certifications list on here icon_cheers.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

drunken_smilie.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • NuulNuul Member Posts: 158
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Congrats on the pass! icon_thumright.gif Enjoy, celebrate, relax, so are you CCNP now?
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man, well done!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • burbankmarcburbankmarc Member Posts: 460
    So i'm getting ready to take my BCMSN, and all ready did the BSCI, would you suggest just scheduling the test right after and just kind of do light review before hand?
    So i'm getting ready to take my BCMSN, and all ready did the BSCI, would you suggest just scheduling the test right after and just kind of do light review before hand?

Are you talking about taking BCMSN and TSHOOT in the same day?
    Are you talking about taking BCMSN and TSHOOT in the same day?

No, I was thinking maybe a week apart from each other.
    Oh yeah man you should be good on that! Most definitely. TSHOOT is BSCI/BCMSN stuff so just review it and go in you'll land it! icon_thumright.gif But you can't beat me to CCNP. LOL.
  • TenisuBakaTenisuBaka Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, that's what I would do! As long as you still know the BSCI material well enough that you could pass the exam again after you finish BCMSN. Build the TSHOOT topology out on GNS3 or whatever (everything can be done completely in GNS3 except the layer 3 etherchannel) completely from scratch, including all services a few times. That's what I did, approached it like a project at work, just printed off the test toplogy and just sat down and built it out. Afterwards, just reviewed some more, then the next day completely erased the configs and did it again.
    TenisuBaka wrote: »
    Build the TSHOOT topology out on GNS3 or whatever (everything can be done completely in GNS3 except the layer 3 etherchannel) completely from scratch, including all services a few times.

I got frustrated that the 3725s in GNS3 couldn't do LACP or PAgP too. It's the small things that annoy me :)
    Nuul wrote: »
    I got frustrated that the 3725s in GNS3 couldn't do LACP or PAgP too. It's the small things that annoy me :)

Luckily I have 2 3550's and can build the topology exactly. Actually my current lab config is almost identical to the TSHOOT topology.

This is good news, hopefully I can finish this bugger up in the next 2 weeks.

Congrats again, on your pass, and thanks for the info.
    Luckily I have 2 3550's and can build the topology exactly. Actually my current lab config is almost identical to the TSHOOT topology.

Hardware is the way to go if you have it. I had a few 3560s and 3550s here at the office so I went the with gns3 for routers and real hardware for the switches. It's probably what I'll do for my CCIE lab too, though if I had loads of cash I'd go for multiple 2800s and 3560s.

Good luck on your exam by the way. We'll all be cheering for you :D
  • killuah72killuah72 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What Router IOS are you guys using to emulate the switches in the TSHOOT LAB?
  • zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

I heard it is a lot 'easier' compared to the TSHOOT beta. From what I heard, the TSHOOT (non beta) exam has less trouble tickets and lesser multiple choice questions.

I also thought that the TSHOOT beta exam was a cool and was very challenging exam. I actually ran out of time with four trouble tickets left and I accidentally hit OK or Submit for one of the trouble tickets that I was ready to answer! Luckily, I still passed the exam!

Yes, I agree that the TSHOOT book (Exam Certification Guide equivalent) by Kevin Wallace was a joke! All the trouble tickets examples were so easy. The only one that I couldn't answer was the BGP trouble ticket since my CNAP curriculum didn't cover as-path prepending!

Don't buy the book if I were you. There's probably only one topic there that will be useful for the exam. I don't want to say anything because I might be in violation of NDA if I say which one it was.
    :study: Life+
  • Geetar28Geetar28 Member Posts: 101
    TenisuBaka wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Like someone else said, the books are worthless, not worth any money nor the time to read them. If you pass the test, it will absolutely have nothing to do with the ciscopress material for this exam.

zerglings wrote: »
    Yes, I agree that the TSHOOT book (Exam Certification Guide equivalent) by Kevin Wallace was a joke! All the trouble tickets examples were so easy. The only one that I couldn't answer was the BGP trouble ticket since my CNAP curriculum didn't cover as-path prepending!

Don't buy the book if I were you. There's probably only one topic there that will be useful for the exam. I don't want to say anything because I might be in violation of NDA if I say which one it was.

Is this because you already had plenty of experience? I plan on moving on and going for the CCNP eventually. I'd like to absorb the material alot more first though... icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif Are the CCNP "Foundation" books the real place to start for a recent CCNA?

Congrats!! by the way...icon_cheers.gif
    Geetar28 wrote: »
    Is this because you already had plenty of experience? I plan on moving on and going for the CCNP eventually. I'd like to absorb the material alot more first though... icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif Are the CCNP "Foundation" books the real place to start for a recent CCNA?

I started with the self-study BSCI. it goes over everything you need. And labbing for all your exams should be solid hands on for the TSHOOT.
    I actually seen the TSHOOT Certification Guide. Basically all it is, is a book showing you what steps to take to run show commands for a particular type of configuration, such as: IPV6 OSPF, OSPF, EIGRP, VLAN troubleshooting, ACL Troubleshooting, This is all hands on crap that you learn when doing BSCI + BCMSN (OR NEW: ROUTE + SWITCH, I assume), If you do the hands on work for these two and lab things out, then you should have everything you need to do the TSHOOT. Oh yeah plus some!

The secret to TSHOOT that they don't want you to know, is to ask the Cisco Nome, and he will guide your way. LMAO. icon_lol.gif Joking of course!!!
  • BluetorchBluetorch Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would have to agree with billscott that the best practic for TSHOOT is the labs for the Route & Switch exams (or of course BSCI & BCMSN).

Is the Cisco nome related to that Travelocity nome?............
    In Progress:
    BS - Information and Communication Technology
    CCIE Written
    Bluetorch wrote: »
    Is the Cisco nome related to that Travelocity nome?

Cousins I believe. They don't speak anymore due to a misunderstanding while on a Las Vegas vacation.
  • zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Geetar28 wrote: »

The guys are correct. When I was reading the TSHOOT Official Certification Guide it was pretty much a review of the previous materials that were covered in BCMSN and BSCI. Except for other stuff that weren't covered in any Cisco books that I've ever read. FCAPS was part of the Network Management Fundamentals book that I used to own so it was just a review for me.

Thanks!
    :study: Life+
  • jingqiuzhangjingqiuzhang Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can you please share what materials you use to prepare for Tshoot, i took 892 six months ago and plan to finsiih the exam this year to close my CCNP.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Bluetorch wrote: »
    I would have to agree with billscott that the best practic for TSHOOT is the labs for the Route & Switch exams (or of course BSCI & BCMSN).

Is the Cisco nome related to that Travelocity nome?............
    Actually it's Gnome.
    Coingrats on the Pass!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Can you please share what materials you use to prepare for Tshoot, i took 892 six months ago and plan to finsiih the exam this year to close my CCNP.

Go back through this thread. Everyone pretty much gives some information that can be used to answer your question.
  • jovan88jovan88 Member Posts: 393
    congrats TenisuBaka, what are your plans now?