Options

Is this a good deal?

martinbrmartinbr Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello, I have this narrowed down to maybe purchasing this package of study exam materials. I am the one that posted awhile back that my company will pay for this. At least I think they will. I haven't tried yet.

It's 11 study exams along with online simulation and I believe has 24 hour support in case you get stuck and have to ask some questions. The whole thing is $1,995.00 for the study exams and and it's good for up to a year for online support.

I am really just interested in getting the A+ and possibly the A+Net to start with, but hey!, it's not my money that's paying for it. I have just one more month to use this opportunity to get some new training since I was out sourced from my job last July. Here is the link.
TestOut LabSim Library -

What do you guys think? Is this a good deal or should I go for something else. The problem that I am having is, that I talked to another online sites and they said that they cannot bill my old company and that I would have to purchase the materials with a credit or debit card. But this link that I provided sent me a online quote that I think I can fax over to my old employer for me to get this going so I can start studying and take the A+ exam.
thanks,
martinbr

Comments

• Options
    tomahawkeertomahawkeer Member Posts: 179
    Very bad deal for just an A+ and Net+! Very!
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Is it just the online support that ends after a year? If you were a student then the on-line version of each of those, individually, would be $89.
    If you actually have plans to utilize all of these, I would look at what your total you are getting from your job and figure in you'll need books also. Look into the books you are going to need.
    Also for most of these deals if you contact them about it and then give them a little selling of your own about your situation they'll usually drop the price some in order to make a sale. If you can get the price dopped about 10% and then still have enough money for the books you need it may be a good deal.
    I used testout for the Net+ and Sec+ and IMO I could have passed both those exams with just that resource, no additional books. I'd recommend getting books for them though as you'll still learn it better by studying the books.
    Good luck in your studies.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    martinbr wrote: »
    Hello, I have this narrowed down to maybe purchasing this package of study exam materials. I am the one that posted awhile back that my company will pay for this. At least I think they will. I haven't tried yet.

It's 11 study exams along with online simulation and I believe has 24 hour support in case you get stuck and have to ask some questions. The whole thing is $1,995.00 for the study exams and and it's good for up to a year for online support.

I am really just interested in getting the A+ and possibly the A+Net to start with, but hey!, it's not my money that's paying for it. I have just one more month to use this opportunity to get some new training since I was out sourced from my job last July. Here is the link.
    TestOut LabSim Library -

What do you guys think? Is this a good deal or should I go for something else. The problem that I am having is, that I talked to another online sites and they said that they cannot bill my old company and that I would have to purchase the materials with a credit or debit card. But this link that I provided sent me a online quote that I think I can fax over to my old employer for me to get this going so I can start studying and take the A+ exam.
    thanks,
    martinbr

I believe you're referring to the Server 2008 MCITP Certification Suite
    This offer includes every training video, lab simulation, written lesson, and practice exam included in TestOut's LabSim IT Certification Library, for only $1995!

BONUS: You can buy additional licenses of the complete LabSim IT Library for only $695.

And with our Update Protection Guarantee, you'll be entitled to all updates to the library for 12 months.
    Here is a link that will help with Microsoft certifications, if you’re out of work:
    Microsoft Elevate America
    Here’s a free trial for the A+ LabSim Free Trial
    I believe if you purchase the A+ 701 702 it’s about $300.00; however, like earweed said” students will get a huge discount.”
    Good Luck
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    No pun intended. Networking Student are you a student? hahaha

I was going to say I think you could probably buy the TestOuts through your college for extremely cheap. Most of my cybersec courses are requiring them and they're like 80ish each instead of 400+.
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you are going to take all of those exams, good deal. For only just a couple, bad deal. I spent something along the lines of $200-$300 for preparations for A+ and Net+ (Acombined). If you feel you need more material than I used, spending $400-$500 could get you more than enough information.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    martinbrmartinbr Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    If you are going to take all of those exams, good deal. For only just a couple, bad deal. I spent something along the lines of $200-$300 for preparations for A+ and Net+ (Acombined). If you feel you need more material than I used, spending $400-$500 could get you more than enough information.

You know what? I think I am just going to take a 5 day boot camp seminar. I need to use this money up and that would give me the vouchers with the seminar to go take the test right away.
    martinbr