Passed Sec+ in two weeks, as promised =p

TheMechanicTheMechanic Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey what's up guys. Passed sec+, definetly the toughest of the ones ive taken so far, but still was pretty easy. Scored 805 =P Catch you in two weeks for server+ 09, still trying to find studying material.

YEAH
Needs 100K

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • burner27burner27 Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    earweed wrote: »
    Congrats!

Yes Yes!!! Congrats on the pass!!! I am still waiting for my damn book!!!
  • rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • BookFellaBookFella Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!

I guess that there is hope for those of us would like to collect up the CompTIA certs before the end of the year.
  • burner27burner27 Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Got my book 3 days early!!! On to studying. The author says I should be ready for the exam 45 days after I start treading the book. We'll see.
  • TheMechanicTheMechanic Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm just missing server and project to wrap up comptia. Server+ scheduled for two additional weeks. Looks pretty easy
    Needs 100K
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    UPS tells me my book is out for delivery today. I want to get this one over with.

ETA: Book arrived... looks like fun!
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hey what's up guys. Passed sec+, definetly the toughest of the ones ive taken so far, but still was pretty easy. Scored 805 =P Catch you in two weeks for server+ 09, still trying to find studying material.

YEAH

Were you already familar with the material or did you start from scratch?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    Yeah pretty much. A+ and Net+ were a breeze. Im comfortable in IT and it feels like I've seen or heard the terms before
    Needs 100K
  • shecoolshecool Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on all your recent successes! I too would like to become certified in A+, Network+, and Security+. I was just wondering, could you tell me which materials you used for each of those exams? I would really appreciate it :). Thanks!
    Up Next: CCDA, CCDP
  • funxionfunxion Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also scheduled my sec+ exam to be taken in 2 weeks (my birthday) so I hope I have a nice present.:)

This is my first post so I'd like to introduce myself. Im Jason from Delaware and so far I have a+, n+ (from way back in '03 when CompTIA was pretty much an unknown icon_neutral.gif ). Binaries killed Usenet so I hope to post some articles here. If I crossposted I apologize.
    I think Comptia certs are somewhat easy. We go overprepared to of course, not fail. But dont go crazy, trust your instincts, and make it happen. Server+ two weeks from passing security+ and im pretty confident.

Studying materials are always some form of CBT, and the Sybex books. Just the practice exams that come with the book is enough for me. 5 100 question practice exams, an ebook, flash cards, and chapter reviews is more than enough to dominate these certs.
    Needs 100K