CCNA Security Study Notes

mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
Hi Guys,

During my CCNA Security Studies I have been creating some 'last minute revision' notes. I thought I would let you all know about them and where you can download them from just incase it helps anyone with the last minute cram. It's a PDF document about 55 pages long, probably contains a few errors as well (we won't mention themicon_lol.gif)

A brief history of...: CCNA Security Notes

If there is interest I have notes for the CCNA & CCNA Voice as well but they will have to wait until I get the CCNA Security under my belt - they need a bit of editing!!

Best regards,
Mike.
Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
Next : CCNP Route

Comments

• GiddyGGiddyG Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Mike.

I will give them a look. I am sure they'll come in useful.

Cheers

John
    WIP:

CCENT; CCNA; CWSP; 70-680; CompTIA Stitchup+
  • seraphusseraphus Member Posts: 307
    Good notes!
    Lab first, ask questions later
  • luke_bibbyluke_bibby Member Posts: 162
    Just had a quick skim over them then.. they look like pretty solid notes for anyone studying for the IINS exam.

I'd be interested in the CCNAV notes!
  • jjbrogjjbrog Member Posts: 149
    I'd be interested in both ccna and ccnp notes as well, I'm currently touching base with all in school, my ccna teacher tends to go a little advanced and touches base with ccnp, and i got a security class starting march so the notes you posted, very helpfull!
    Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
    http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
    HTC students encouraged to join :)
  • roghanroghan Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikem2te wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

During my CCNA Security Studies I have been creating some 'last minute revision' notes. I thought I would let you all know about them and where you can download them from just incase it helps anyone with the last minute cram. It's a PDF document about 55 pages long, probably contains a few errors as well (don't we won't mention themicon_lol.gif)

If there is interest I have notes for the CCNA & CCNA Voice as well but they will have to wait until I get the CCNA Security under my belt - they need a bit of editing!!

Best regards,
    Mike.

Great Mike!!! These notes seems very very interesting! icon_cheers.gif
  • mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    Thanks for all the positive feedback.

If you notice any errors then let me know.

• roghanroghan Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If you notice any errors then let me know.

Ok icon_wink.gif!!! Again thanks Mike...
  • dwtherockdwtherock Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice notes. brief and to the point. I'm on page 9. Going for mine soon.

Really nice. Sth to prep with in weeks before you take the exam.
    OK Looks good.

P36 you have deny connection inline that blocks the offending packets but allows other traffic from the source.

is that suppose to be denyFlowInline???

Let me know.

Thanks
  • ajmatsonajmatson Member Posts: 289
    Very nice job. I also would be interested in the other notes as well. Good luck on the security exam :)
    Working on currently:
    Masters Degree Information Security and Assurance (WGU) / Estimated 06/01/2016
    Next Up: CCNP Routing Exam | Certified Ethical Hacker Exam
    Cisco Lab: ASA 5506-X, GNS3, 1x 2801 Router, 1x 2650XM, 1x 3750-48TS-E switch, 2x 3550 EMI Switches and 1x 2950T swtich.
    Juniper Lab: 1x SRX100H2, 1x J2320 (1GB Flash/1GB RAM, JunOS 11.4R7.5), and 4 JunOS Firefly vSRX Routers in VMWare ESXi 5.1
    dwtherock wrote: »
    OK Looks good.

P36 you have deny connection inline that blocks the offending packets but allows other traffic from the source.

is that suppose to be denyFlowInline???

Let me know.

Thanks
    I think it is the same thing. Quote from Cisco Press "Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security" book-

"Deny Connection Inline - This action terminates the current packet and future packets on this TCP flow. This is also referred to as deny flow".

I'll cross match all these options with SDM later to double check them.

• SelfmadeSelfmade Member Posts: 268
    great notes

I downloaded them, they will be worth their weight in gold, once I pass my CCNA I'm going to focus on passing CCNA Security then dive into CCNP/CCSP, I think i will learn both at the same time.
    It's not important to add reptutation points to others, but to be nice and spread good karma everywhere you go.
    Hi,

If anyone is interested, I have put up my last minute study notes for CCNA Voice

http://www.techexams.net/forums/ccna-voice/51293-my-ccna-voice-study-notes.html

Thx for the clarification. You know what is astonishing now. I am using the Boson and I am getting questions that I have never seen before. I failed that practice exam but had 90% for the one based off the Wallace study guide.

Is there anything else I should read before next thursday? false positive?? Wt heck. :)
  • wheezwheez Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Mike, I just picked up your CCNA:S notes!
    WIP: Considering cert path.. :-)
  • QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    Wow, amazing job on these. I know I will use them for my study purposes. The fact that you even took the time to make bookmarks says quite a bit. Big props. icon_thumright.gificon_thumright.gif
  • VikashraiVikashrai Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys !

Tried too many times to download these notes but unable to get it. May be due to slow internet connection i have.

I am preparing for CCNA and require the notes as soon as possible. can anybody send downloaded notes poste by sticky at blueviksy[at]gmail[.]com

it would be great help for me!

regards
    viksy
    Hi Guys,

During my CCNA Security Studies I have been creating some 'last minute revision' notes. I thought I would let you all know about them and where you can download them from just incase it helps anyone with the last minute cram. It's a PDF document about 55 pages long, probably contains a few errors as well (don't we won't mention themicon_lol.gif)

Best regards,
    Mike.
    Vikashrai wrote: »
    Hi Guys !

Tried too many times to download these notes but unable to get it. May be due to slow internet connection i have.

I am preparing for CCNA and require the notes as soon as possible. can anybody send downloaded notes poste by sticky at blueviksy[at]gmail[.]com

it would be great help for me!

regards
    viksy

Sent.

Thanks to everyone for your interest in my notes, it makes me fell warm inside:)

My CCNA Security notes have been downloaded around 800 times and my CCNA Voice notes around 400 times. Come on guys, get me to 1000 downloadsicon_cheers.gif

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thanks again for this. I forgot about my exam yesterday and couldn't reschedule it. I only made it by a question or two, and a little last-minute review with this probably made the difference. Beers are on me if we ever meet up icon_thumright.gif

Ew, I guess that's not likely, Mr. UK icon_sad.gif
    dynamik wrote: »
    Ew, I guess that's not likely, Mr. UK icon_sad.gif
    Poor excuse if you ask me:) I'll have to settle for some reputation then!!

• hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    On the first table, the IEEE standards...Port based auth is 802.1x, not 802.2x.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thanks so much for these notes. I had some gaps between studying so this has been a great refresher.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thank you much for sharing the notes, they were very helpful in preparation! The condensed format is great for quickly reviewing the entire material icon_cool.gif
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Maced129Maced129 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • kmcintosh78kmcintosh78 Member Posts: 195
    Thanks. I have started reading it. So far, it looks very good.
    What I am working on
    CCNP Route (Currently) 80% done
    CCNP Switch (Next Year)
    CCNP TShoot (Next Year)
  • tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very good notes mate. I started reading and i think there's more than enough stuff to pass the exam :)

Thanks
  • BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    Thanks for the notes!
  • remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    I can't seem to get the notes. All I get is a blank page. Am I doing something wrong?
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I can't seem to get the notes. All I get is a blank page. Am I doing something wrong?

I also get a blank page.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • nethackernethacker Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□

i have been getting the same thing too since last week friday.can't some1 here on this forum repost it? icon_rolleyes.gif
    common networkers share it..
    mikem2te come out n prove urselficon_study.gificon_study.gif
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED