Decided to stop lurking

forged_by_hatredforged_by_hatred Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well I can't put it off any longer :D

Just wanted to say hi! and say what a wonderful resource this is.

I'm chasing a few certs at the moment: MCSE 2003 security track (inc Security+), CCNA and maybe the Novell (SUSE) Linux. I'm also due to start a BSc in Computer Science later this year - that little lot should keep me out of trouble for a while.

Ultimately, I'd like to move into security (everyone and his dog seems to want to at the moment!) and maybe look at the CISSP or ECC certs.

Well, I've said it now, guess i'd better actually knuckle down and start studying!

FBH
The principle goal of education is to create men who are capable of doing new things, not simply of repeating what other generations have done - men who are creative, inventive and discoverers --- Jean Piaget

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Hi and welcome!

That's a nice package you are after, don't hesitate to post again if you have any questions ;)
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    welcome!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Welcome to the forums!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • forged_by_hatredforged_by_hatred Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I must say that another of the things that kept me coming back (even though I never posted) was the genuinely friendly spirit of the site and the fact that if you ask a question you don't get a patronsing reply.

So a big pat on the back to all of you gurus and demi-gurus who help keep people like me coming back for more.

I look forward to participating in the near future.

FBH
    The principle goal of education is to create men who are capable of doing new things, not simply of repeating what other generations have done - men who are creative, inventive and discoverers --- Jean Piaget
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    Welcome to the group... :D
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I am a Moderator of a popular forum now. I'm seriously considering abandoning it due to the arrogance and flaming the other Moderators shell out to posters. That type of attitude sickens me. Which is why I spend most of my forum time here now. So welcome aboard, you will usually always find positive and helpful guys around here. The ones that are condescending and nasty have to face the wraith of Johan!! our esteemed Webmaster :D
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
  • determinedgermandeterminedgerman Member Posts: 168
    Good Morning and Welcome!!!!!

You got a lot on your plate. Good luck with it and ask if you have questions. Just remember there are no stupid questions (as long as it pertains to the cert).

I wish I could be so dedicated to get certified. I always start to study for one cert and then start another.....Well, good luck to you and keep in touch!!!
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I wish I could be so dedicated to get certified. I always start to study for one cert and then start another

That sounds like me... icon_lol.gif
  • TURTLEGIRLTURTLEGIRL Member Posts: 361
    Welcome to the forum. :D:D:D:D
    If you don't know 24 then you don't know Jack!