Passed Security+

wayers22wayers22 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Used cbt nuggets, wikipedia, sybex review guide, and various other articles.

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats.

Can you list the wiki articles that helped you? BTW, after seeing that there are no cheaper vouchers on ebay (the cheapest I personally saw was $229, and my low ball offers were basically given the finger...lol), I will use your earlier site you posted. I can use the Paypal link instead of ordering through them, and I don't have a problem with that. $180 is better than nothing. LOL.

Congrats once again.
  • wayers22wayers22 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Congrats.

Can you list the wiki articles that helped you? BTW, after seeing that there are no cheaper vouchers on ebay (the cheapest I personally saw was $229, and my low ball offers were basically given the finger...lol), I will use your earlier site you posted. I can use the Paypal link instead of ordering through them, and I don't have a problem with that. $180 is better than nothing. LOL.

Congrats once again.

There were no articles in particular, just anytime I had a hard time understanding something I would read more into it.

Apparently I got a great deal on my voucher. Voucher4you.com currently has security+ for 180, but you could probably hold off and see if it goes down. Their prices seem to fluctuate very often.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    wayers22 wrote: »
    There were no articles in particular, just anytime I had a hard time understanding something I would read more into it.

Apparently I got a great deal on my voucher. Voucher4you.com currently has security+ for 180, but you could probably hold off and see if it goes down. Their prices seem to fluctuate very often.

I know what you mean. I wanted better clarification on a Smurf Attack and I did plug that in Google hoping I didn't see anything about Gargamel and Azreal. LMAO. (I didn't.... :) )

I can hold off. The earliest I want to knock this out is 2 weeks, and that's being very aggressive. I'm at risk assessment now and will soon get into "hated" Algorithms and such. I'm actually excited about getting to that because I've seen them so much, but never bothered to care what they were. All I cared about was the bit length of the encryption and such. (My job requires me to create cert requests for our Managed PKI system...so that will be up my alley, I'd imagine).

By the by....I take it you're no longer studying for Security+, then.... :) [hint, hint]