Certificates from MCITP:SA?

helioshelios Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just out of curiosity, what certificates will I get from completing the MCITP:SA

MCTS
MCITP
MCTS Network Infrastructure
MCTS Active Directory
MCITP:Server Admin

Is that correct?
A+, Network+, MCP, MSDST, MCITP:SA, HDI-SCA, MCTS, ITILv3

Comments

• neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    I would have thought:

MCTS Active Directory
  • helioshelios Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did the 70-642 exam and got an 'MCTS' and 'MCTS Network Infrastrucure' cert...
  • Michael.J.PalmerMichael.J.Palmer Member Posts: 407 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would have thought:

MCTS Active Directory

I believe this gentleman has it right. Or at least that's the path I'm taking to the MCITP: SA. Well... I'm doing Active Directory followed by Network Infrastructure, but you get the point.
    -Michael Palmer
    WGU Networks BS in IT - Design & Managment (2nd Term)
    Transfer: BAC1,BBC1,CLC1,LAE1,INC1,LAT1,AXV1,TTV1,LUT1,INT1,SSC1,SST1,TNV1,QLT1,ABV1,AHV1,AIV1,BHV1,BIV1
    Required Courses: EWB2, WFV1, BOV1, ORC1, LET1, GAC1, HHT1, TSV1, IWC1, IWT1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CPW3.
    Key: Completed, WIP, Still to come
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    helios wrote: »
    I did the 70-642 exam and got an 'MCTS' and 'MCTS Network Infrastrucure' cert...
    I got both from taking 70-620 (Vista) but I don't count MCTS by itself as a cert. I did print out 2 really mediocre looking certificates that I promptly put away and forgot about. MS still does it somewhat like they did with the MCP. The MCTS by itself,without any identifier, will just take up space if you put it on the resume.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    helios wrote: »

I understand what you mean. The MCTS is like the old MCP that you get for your first exam.
  • helioshelios Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I mean actual physical certificates, not certifications...
    Yeah you actually can print a generic MCTS certificate, I did after taking the 70-620 (Vista Client test). I don't know if you'll have a generic MCITP certificate.
    PS I don't mean generic in a bad way, just that the certificate doesn't say what technology you tested on. You no longer "get" the certificates either unless you want to pay M$ for them. You can print them out though.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    You will get 5 individual pieces of paper...this is what I got.

For your first exam you get 2. MCTS and MCTS:Subject

Then the next MCTS you get a MCTS:Subject

Then for your server admin exam you get 2 also.

MCITP and also MCITP:Server Administrator

So yep.. your correct.

I can't stand printing my certs and order them when I have a few ready to order. They look pretty bad when you try and print them.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
    +1 I'm waiting til I get the MCITP:EA and ordering the whole set.