CCIE R&S training

laurencegreenlaurencegreen Banned Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Wanna to take CCIE R&S training ,need some recommendation of training center ,thanks.

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You might want to ask this in the CCIE Forum

CCIE - TechExams.net IT Certification Forums
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    There's the "official" Cisco 360 Program -- which is probably the most expensive. For R&S it's really just the NetMasterClass materials. They had some good bootcamps and workbooks back in the day, but other vendors had been beating them on price and matching their quality and exceeding them in "completeness" and depth of study options.

Internetwork Expert (INE) has the most impressive roster of CCIE Instructors and has various training options ranging from the Self-Study Audio and Video training, Workbooks, and Instructor led Live Bootcamps.

IP Expert seems to still be a player in the R&S version 4 market even though they lost most of their well known Instructors to the competition. Their Blended Learning Package could be your "best buy" if you catch the package when they are working the year end deals -- but you'd still want to shop around in case the other vendors are willing to deal.

CCBootCamp has signed on the the Cisco 360 Program -- and offered some of their live bootcamps with an online option last time I checked.

Narbik (Micronics Training) is probably the hardest working CCIE Instructor -- and farthest traveling. I think he offers some of the Cisco 360 Bootcamp training -- but he seems to still offer his own workbooks. If you check his bootcamp schedules he got classes around the world, while the other Vendors may have some US and UK Classes scheduled -- and an occasional other location depending on demand.

Heinz Ulm isn't as well known but has been doing CCIE Training for a long time. He has 1 week, 2 week, and the monster 3 week bootcamp options.

There may be a few other "regional" training options depending where you are -- but then the next layer of CCIE Training under that is basically the "**** camps" that should be avoided at all costs (and which we won't dignify by mentioning their names).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    3 week class that sounds brutal. Never heard of the guy, but I will check him out. I hope to plan my R&S studies early next year. I have to pass TSHOOT which I hope to take at the end of the month. Then I will complete QOS, the BGP/MPLS test.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • ccie1yrccie1yr Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Also, INE worklabs are good source of information and knowledge
  • NuulNuul Member Posts: 158
    Mike's right on the money with his assessment.

My plan of attack looks like this:
    1) IPexpert BLS (already have).
    2) Attend a Narbik class - if he'd have one in my section of the US that is.
    3) Go over INEs workbooks (may skip this one to save some money).
    4) Take the 5 day mock lab at IPexpert.
    5) Sit the exam and get my digits.

It's not cheap, but it will be worth it in the end.
  • MichelsmithMichelsmith Banned Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    one of my friend took R&S training in China at MODERATED ,he has very good impression in instructor and training .
    You can view it and take a reference.
    one of my friend took R&S training in China at MODERATED
    And who's going to do his job interviews for him? icon_rolleyes.gif

The MODERATED is one of the "**** camps" that should be avoided at all costs -- and as I said we don't even mention their names here. Bullsh*t belongs out in the cow pasture, not our forums.
    mikej412 wrote: »
    but then the next layer of CCIE Training under that is basically the "**** camps" that should be avoided at all costs (and which we won't dignify by mentioning their names).
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Nuul wrote: »
    Mike's right on the money with his assessment.

My plan of attack looks like this:
    1) IPexpert BLS (already have).
    2) Attend a Narbik class - if he'd have one in my section of the US that is.
    3) Go over INEs workbooks (may skip this one to save some money).
    4) Take the 5 day mock lab at IPexpert.
    5) Sit the exam and get my digits.

It's not cheap, but it will be worth it in the end.

Why so many different vendors. I"m curious. I have used INE to pass my most of my CCNP. I know the IE is a different beast but I want to know some insight on why you think your stratagy works. Not a flame at all, I may be missing something.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    (may skip this one to save some money).
    Might want to sneak in a mock lab or two here -- if you think you're ready. That way you get some feedback before you schedule your lab (and mock lab bootcamp) -- or make a decision about adding in another vendor workbook. And doing an online mock lab from a vendor other than your primary workbook vendor is a good wake up call in case you've been lulled into interpreting tasks one vendor's way.
    shodown wrote: »
    Why so many different vendors. I"m curious. I have used INE to pass my most of my CCNP. I know the IE is a different beast but I want to know some insight on why you think your stratagy works. Not a flame at all, I may be missing something.

No, I didn't take it as a flame at all. I thought the same thing when I first was told that.

It's recommended, by the vendors themselves actually, that you use multiple vendors. The reason being that while all try to be all encompassing, they generally fall short. That's not to say that you can't use INE or any of the others exclusively and pass, just that it's not a bad idea to use multiple if you have the means.
    And doing an online mock lab from a vendor other than your primary workbook vendor is a good wake up call in case you've been lulled into interpreting tasks one vendor's way.

Hmmm, I'd not heard of an online mock lab. Do you know who offers that? I've not seen one from IPE or INE.
    Hmmm, I'd not heard of an online mock lab. Do you know who offers that? I've not seen one from IPE or INE.
    I don't see IPExpert mock labs, other than the bootcamp.... but here's the links to INE & Netmaster

CCIE Routing & Switching Assessments

SelfPacedProducts - NMC (CCIE Training Company)

WOW. That's quite affordable, I'll give that a go in a couple months to see where I'm at. I may move the lab date up if I do well there.

Thanks again Mike :D
    I may move the lab date up if I do well there.
    That's what they're for -- assessment on your readiness for the lab. If you've crushed a couple mock labs from different vendors it may be time for the lab.