Starcraft 2

zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
Do you guys play the game? Or all of you just read books all day long? icon_smile.gif
:study: Life+

Comments

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Pretty much just read books all day. The Rockband Greenday that is coming out this week has me considering a purchase though...
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nope cannot play a game thats not out yet icon_rolleyes.gif

Cant wait though! should be a blast!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I read books most of the day. I don't have the money to get SC2 but I will be getting it along with BFBC2.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • zerglingszerglings Member Posts: 295 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    Pretty much just read books all day. The Rockband Greenday that is coming out this week has me considering a purchase though...

Damn. And I thought my acquaintance was worse.

I wish I have room for the Rockband set. I went to someone's place last year with a cool a$$ Rockband setup, real electric drumset.
    chrisone wrote: »
    Nope cannot play a game thats not out yet icon_rolleyes.gif

Cant wait though! should be a blast!

Actually, I've been playing the game for a month or so now. I got a hold of the beta key for pre-ordering the game.

Once the game comes out, wanna play? I am not good though.
    I read books most of the day. I don't have the money to get SC2 but I will be getting it along with BFBC2.

It maybe a stupid question, but what's BFBC2?
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I only have a few hours here and there to play video games since I am usually playing with/taking care of my son when I get home from work. Last few weeks been playing Red Dead Redemption, love that game. I think that one is going to take me a while to complete.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    zerglings wrote: »
    Actually, I've been playing the game for a month or so now. I got a hold of the beta key for pre-ordering the game.
    Yeah. I've been in the beta for awhile now but still not any better at RTS games it seems! Anybody who actually knows how to properly micromanage in RTS games just absolutely destroys me. Not played it recently :D
    It maybe a stupid question, but what's BFBC2?
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Its a FPS.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Damn. And I thought my acquaintance was worse.

I wish I have room for the Rockband set. I went to someone's place last year with a cool a$$ Rockband setup, real electric drumset.

I had nearly an entire room devoted to my rockband setup for awhile. For the past several months I tore it all down and its packed up somewhere. I just use the standard drums. Can't afford the real kit, and don't know that it would be that much better. At some point the line has to be drawn that this is a game.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • fly2dwfly2dw Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do you guys play the game? Or all of you just read books all day long? icon_smile.gif

I used to game at least 7-8 hours a day a few years ago (Even had time while at uni along side my studies). I am a huge collector of consoles as well. However since getting a job and finding the certification world, I hardly have the time. At the moment whenever I get chance I play Super Street Fighter 4 on the PS3 and Command and Conquer on the PC (However I play this less as it requires more time).

I miss gaming, but there are so many certifications I have planned I just don't have time (Especially with a full time job), so most evenings I have my head in a book. I posted in a reply once before on here, that I feel like I should have about 2 certifications like CCNA and MCITP yesterday!!! But it takes time if you are going through the material thoroughly (Better in the long run though).

Starcraft 2 looks great but I will have to stay away otherwise I will get nothing done! I had to apply the same rule to WOW, even though I have the game still in the seal (£5 in a supermarket BARGAIN).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm waiting for Diablo 3. I could careless about SC2 because I am terrible at RTS games.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A huge problem for me is the price. I've never paid 60 dollars for a game and I rarely pay 50.

I have a feeling that SC2 will be 60 dollars for 5 years. I'm still mulling around about the price. I'm also not one who does strategic studies of RTS's where I could get hundreds of hours of enjoyment from SC2.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • jrmeulemansjrmeulemans Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i play a bit as my brother got in the beta and never plays. I have managed to stay in the Gold division on ladder with Terran. I have basically just been working on a few decent builds, harass and late game strategies. It is a fun game, but I only play like 1-2 hrs a week when I visit my bro.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ditto on the price. A few manufacturers are trying to push into XBOX range pricing, and considering they're NOT paying license fees on the PC version it's a wee bit of a ripoff imho. I'll vote with my dollar on this one, just to try and slow down the global increase that will follow if it's succesful.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
    tiersten wrote: »
    Yeah. I've been in the beta for awhile now but still not any better at RTS games it seems! Anybody who actually knows how to properly micromanage in RTS games just absolutely destroys me. Not played it recently :D

Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Its a FPS.

Yea, they do the same thing for me! It's pretty hard to compete with those guys. I was addicted to SC and now I am addicted to the version 2. This is the only RTS that I've played actually. Most were FPS, like COD 4 Modern Warfare or Counter Strike. I used to be pretty good at it but not anymore.

Ah, Bad Company. I've seen the first one but never played it.
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I had nearly an entire room devoted to my rockband setup for awhile. For the past several months I tore it all down and its packed up somewhere. I just use the standard drums. Can't afford the real kit, and don't know that it would be that much better. At some point the line has to be drawn that this is a game.

True, but I guess he wanted to learn how to play drums that's why he upgraded it to a real electric drumset.
    fly2dw wrote: »
    I used to game at least 7-8 hours a day a few years ago (Even had time while at uni along side my studies). I am a huge collector of consoles as well. However since getting a job and finding the certification world, I hardly have the time. At the moment whenever I get chance I play Super Street Fighter 4 on the PS3 and Command and Conquer on the PC (However I play this less as it requires more time).

I miss gaming, but there are so many certifications I have planned I just don't have time (Especially with a full time job), so most evenings I have my head in a book. I posted in a reply once before on here, that I feel like I should have about 2 certifications like CCNA and MCITP yesterday!!! But it takes time if you are going through the material thoroughly (Better in the long run though).

Starcraft 2 looks great but I will have to stay away otherwise I will get nothing done! I had to apply the same rule to WOW, even though I have the game still in the seal (£5 in a supermarket BARGAIN).

How's Super Street Fighter? I have the Street Fighter but playing the game with the regular controller is pretty lame. I wanted to get a joystick one but there's not much time to play because I was studying for CCNP.

There are a lot of PS3 games that are collecting dust right now. I still haven't finished GoW 1 and I have the entire set!

I don't mind paying $60 for this game because I know I'll enjoy the game for quite a long time. I still played SC Broodwar before beta was released! That's 12 years of playing the game! Well, not entirely. I stopped playing the game for about 2 - 3 years and then on and off for the rest of it. Last two years though I played a pretty good amount of time.
    How's Super Street Fighter? I have the Street Fighter but playing the game with the regular controller is pretty lame. I wanted to get a joystick one but there's not much time to play because I was studying for CCNP.

Yeah I know I want a joystick as well, but the one I want is a little expensive at the moment (Need a few more certs to boost my wage icon_wink.gif)!

Joystick I wanted was this one:

Mad Catz Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Super Street Fighter 4 is a great game loads more characters (Inc Cody and Guy from Final Fight as well as others), more stages, and they even brought back the bonus rounds of smashing cars and barrels (Check it out):

YouTube - Super Street Fighter IV 'Bonus Stage: Car Crush' TRUE-HD QUALITY

YouTube - Super Street Fighter IV 'Bonus Stage: Barrel Bust' TRUE-HD QUALITY

If you like Street Fighter, get this game icon_thumright.gif
    Yeah I know I want a joystick as well, but the one I want is a little expensive at the moment (Need a few more certs to boost my wage icon_wink.gif)!

Joystick I wanted was this one:

Mad Catz Street Fighter IV Arcade FightStick: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Super Street Fighter 4 is a great game loads more characters (Inc Cody and Guy from Final Fight as well as others), more stages, and they even brought back the bonus rounds of smashing cars and barrels (Check it out):

YouTube - Super Street Fighter IV 'Bonus Stage: Car Crush' TRUE-HD QUALITY

YouTube - Super Street Fighter IV 'Bonus Stage: Barrel Bust' TRUE-HD QUALITY

If you like Street Fighter, get this game icon_thumright.gif

Ah yes. That's the one that I was looking at when I first got the SF game. I was gonna get it but around that time nobody had it. After several months, I tried to get one but started researching about it and a lot of people are saying it is not a good controller. A lot of players were suggesting Hori controllers, especially this one.

I'll most likely wait for the Super Street Fighter to be around $19.99. I still have some PS3 games that are collecting dust that I haven't played.
    Ah yes. That's the one that I was looking at when I first got the SF game. I was gonna get it but around that time nobody had it. After several months, I tried to get one but started researching about it and a lot of people are saying it is not a good controller.

Really? Why did they think it was not a good controller? I have never seen one in action, but people have said it is good.
    A lot of players were suggesting Hori controllers, especially this one.

This one you suggested looks good. It looks like they have sliced the controls out of an arcade machine - NICE!
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I cannot wait either. I started to play the Beta, which unfortunately is multiplayer only. The first three games I played I ended up playing against some kids who played the good old rush games. There was me, thinking I enjoy the new game and see what it brings, and there were them, ending it within 5 minutes....

Was a shift-del for me for now ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • HeeroHeero Member Posts: 486
    Gomjaba wrote: »
    I cannot wait either. I started to play the Beta, which unfortunately is multiplayer only. The first three games I played I ended up playing against some kids who played the good old rush games. There was me, thinking I enjoy the new game and see what it brings, and there were them, ending it within 5 minutes....

Part of starcraft is learning to fend off the rushes. If at any point you think you can win the game by engaging, you engage. If this happens early, you take the chance. If you dont want to lose to an early rush, scout with a probe/drone/scv early and see what they have. Then, counter what they have.
    Really? Why did they think it was not a good controller? I have never seen one in action, but people have said it is good.

I don't know. I think they say that one can easily break it and I guess MadCatz has a bad reputation about quality.
    This one you suggested looks good. It looks like they have sliced the controls out of an arcade machine - NICE!

It sure does look good! The price is pretty expensive though. I don't know if I'll spend that much.
    Gomjaba wrote: »

I haven't logged in yet, is the Beta still up and running? People are saying that it is done. I guess I'll find out after "foruming".
    Heero wrote: »
    Part of starcraft is learning to fend off the rushes. If at any point you think you can win the game by engaging, you engage. If this happens early, you take the chance. If you dont want to lose to an early rush, scout with a probe/drone/scv early and see what they have. Then, counter what they have.

Very true. It takes practice and knowing what the units' weaknesses and strengths. I only play Zerg even in the original game. I used to play all three of them but fell in love with the Zerg race. Still though, I am not that good. At one point I was in Silver League (1) and then it moved down to 6 and Blizzard erased it again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Borderlands is pretty fun, there is soooo much DLC for it! I am so far behind on games that I own that it isn't funny. I haven't even bothered picking up the DLC for Borderlands.

Also, the TE fight stick posted up there is a pretty good stick. If you are looking to stick to a budget I would pick up the normal fight stick. Fight sticks are pretty nice but they are pretty hard to get used to. Honestly, I really like playing with the 360 controller now that I've gotten used to it. I'm not all that great at Street Fighter though. I get destroyed if I go onto XBL looking for a match. I mostly play the game with friends online.
    I was tempted to play Borderlands today but ended up falling asleep. Worked 16 hours yesterday so I guess my body was just trying to catch up.
    Beta is up and running. Any other players out there?
    pre-ordered the game, counting down to the 27th, great thing about that week is i receive my iphone 4 on the 30th! what a week!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    Nice! Did you get a beta key?
  • Alif_Sadida_EkinAlif_Sadida_Ekin Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ...but I will be getting it along with BFBC2.

++1

I LOVE that game.
    AWS: Solutions Architect Associate, MCSA, MCTS, CIW Professional, A+, Network+, Security+, Project+

BS, Information Technology
  • LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm on my 4th day without Call of Duty or Counter Strike, feels like rehab.
    Nice! Did you get a beta key?

Naw i didnt get any beta keys, i just pre-ordered it last week at gamestop, the cute girl that i liked didnt mention anything to me about beta keys. Maybe because i was flirting with her to much and she was probably a little excited. I didnt pull the number because she looked in her teens like 18 or 19. Thats way to young for me, im not in my 30s yet but still man thats young. hahaha believe it or not....just telling my star craft 2 preordered story, like if it means anything to anyone hahaha

But to start a small topic here, i have noticed some cute girls these days working at places like game stop and those type of game stores. I used to work at electronic boutique back in 2001 lol i remember i had cute co-workers and a couple big booty female boss'! You guys see this trend?icon_thumright.gif
    I haven't been in to a GameStop for quite a long time. I don't buy games from retail stores because of tax. I don't like paying sales tax in the state and county that I am in. Freakin' expensive as heck!
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    xmalachi wrote: »
    I'm waiting for Diablo 3. I could careless about SC2 because I am terrible at RTS games.

hell yea i cant wait for diablo 3 to come out but in the mean time i play eve online
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers: