CBT nuggets Net+ - All you need to pass??

3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
Ive been watching all the Network+ CBT nuggets videos as well as reading the exam cram 2 book for network+, there is so much more in the exam cram than the CBT nuggets.

When looking at the FAQ for the CBT`s it says its all you need to pass the exams, but if this was my one and only source i dont think i would pass the exam judging by the test exams ive been doing here and on MCMCSE site....

Im getting worrid that im going to miss something on the exam that i havent studyed now icon_sad.gif

Comments

• mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just bought the Network+ CBT nuggets cd a few weeks ago.
    The main reason I got the CBT is because there were some conepts that I was missing. The Network+ CBT has really filled in some gaps for me but you cannot pass the Network+ exam with this CBT alone.

I would suggest readiing two different network + study guides and one Network Plus book.

Here is a List below of resources I am useing.

Exam Cram 2 Network Plus guide by Mike Horwood <---Excellent Book
    Network+ Certification Practice Questions Exam Cram 2 500 questions
    CBT NUGGETS Network Plus <--Excellent
    This sites free Study Guide <--Good
    CramSession Study GUide ---Good

We can do it. The Network Plus exam is really the Key to the kingdom. Once you know Network Plus other doors wil open for you.
    I currently work for Verizion. My main goal is to join Verizion Cyber Security. I can't even interview for a position untill I have my MCSA.
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • 3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    Yeah ive been watching the CBT videos are they are helping me grip stuff i dont understand, they explain it in pitcure format which in a book is hard to understand in text format.

The mike myers book i have does do this to some extent but in the subnetting section i was lost! there is these other guide i had to look at how to work out the subnetting on the net..

Im in the same boat mate, im sure we can do it, i want to be MCSA before end of the year too :D
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Buy Webmaster's technotes.

Know what's in them.

You'll pass.
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Amen /usr! I took this exam long before I joined the forum, but boy I certainly wish I had access to his the technotes here then. If the purchased stuff is half as good as the free stuff you'll pass.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    CBT nuggets Net+ - All you need to pass??
    Some companies rightfully claim you can pass with 'just' their material. If they cover 70% of the material and you need 70% score to pass, it 'is' possible to pass with just that material. Possible, but not safe, hence not recommended, hence this item in our Network+ TechNotes SE FAQ:
    Can I pass the exam with just your TechNotes?
    This depends mostly on your level of networking experience. For example, if you are a desktop/system admin with more than 6 months experience in a typical network environment, and understand everything that is in the TechNotes and score well on practice exams, you will pass the exam. However, we do recommend to use at least one other product.
    The last sentence is essential, and should be included on any site that sells certification prep material imo.
    The mike myers book i have does do this to some extent but in the subnetting section i was lost! there is these other guide i had to look at how to work out the subnetting on the net..
    I think it's good Mike included this info, but in the 'current' Network+ exam, subnetting is not a topic you need to worry about as actual subnetting (calculating subnets, hosts, broadcast/network address) is not covered on the Network+ exam.

Considering your post here, I really don't think you have anything to worry about (not just because you got the SE already, though I honestly never heard someone not passing the exam after reading, and 'understanding' what's in the SE pdf) and you may even over-estimate the exam (which of course is much better than underestimating it ;)).
    they are helping me grip stuff i dont understand, they explain it in pitcure format which in a book is hard to understand in text format.
    If anything is still unclear, don't hesitate to post your questions...
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I thought the subnetting section in the Mike Meyers book was excellent, altough he says it isn't covered on the exam. icon_wink.gif
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    /usr wrote:
    Buy Webmaster's technotes.

Know what's in them.

You'll pass.

Exactly, its that easy.